Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

josi wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 9:05 pm I used your standard inputs:
I'd be interested to know where you think entries might be because crosses don't really outperform by any measure (some are ok, some are too early, some are late):
:D You are to quick.....It's raining heavily today, if you are wondering why I'm in front of the screen. And it's labour day after all.

Haven't tried it out in trading yet. Saw the post of the Tradestation chart in Xard's threat and started to look what's around.
Anyway....I think it looks good...I mean those you marked. I particularly like the early ones because those mean....."prepare yourself". We don't really jump on every move, do we! And as for any indicator....Confluence with direction got priority. I think a histogram would make it much better visible in relation to the zero line.
I actually found a ADX HDsqueeze histogram that seems roughly to correspond with it. I post it here to play with.

These users thanked the author RplusT for the post (total 3):
josi, blonde, thomdel

josi wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 10:39 pm Tried to try it - wordplay, like... but couldn't get it to work in my version of MT4... sad
But have a nice Labour Day, anyway.
As to the T3 one: zero-cross looks like a very good idea - will be interesting to see what MrTools histo version will bring.
Uupps..sorry, there was a small bug i had to fix and I posted the wrong version.

Try this one.....

These users thanked the author RplusT for the post (total 3):
josi, Skyold, thomdel

josi wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 1:17 am Funnily enough, your 2nd version also didn't work on my system but Mladen's advice solved the problem with the 1st version - thanks Mladen (nice gesture! Didn't see that coming, at all....)
haha..funny... stupid me...posted the wrong version again....now it is correct......I don't drink alcohol or smoke weed though :D
the code was like this.....which gave a global scope error
}
//----
return(0);

So I changed it to......and the file worked with no error
//----
return(0);
}

while mLaden said to delete the return(0) ... which of course works too.
These users thanked the author RplusT for the post:
thomdel

RplusT wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 4:23 pm mrtools, maybe something like this could be turned into a histogram instead of lines only.?

t3_adx_+di_-di_burst.mq4

ADX_DI.JPG
Try it out, the t3 was probably one of the very first version out there, this version using Mladen's version with a choice of t3 types. Called it dmi slope not sure if that would be correct name for this.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 4):
josi, RplusT, pacois, Skyold