Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

xard777 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:45 pm This new setup will be posted on the 18th May 2021

Here are three Indices charts for your perusal showing the new setup.
Xard777
Good, but what do you think about filtering out the late entries at the end of trend? I mean there were some indies in previous editions (as Cycle ID indie), that could help in determination of such situation. Certainly, they can reduce profits at the same time (during strong trend)...Do you feel that there is no need in them? For me, this is still an open question.

AlexBello wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:22 am Distance between entry and SL can be really huge (SL goes under/above the dot), just I do not want to risk more than 1% of account. If SL is tight, I can open trade with 10 lots, if SL is huge I will open trade with 1 lot...measure position size to be about 1% of acc. And if price goes against you - just get out of trade, you will loose even less than 1%. I think, that EA should be created sooner or later in accordance with this system, probably some wise and experienced people already did that)
Thanks for sharing your strategies, I see from your publications that you are orderly, and long backtesting periods that it is very important to do, I am going to ask you a question:
Do you sometimes put 10 lots in demo?
Will your broker really allow it? It is important to know this before backtesting, because if not, the risk management and those figures of multiplication of accounts varies. I look forward to your conclusions from advanced backtesting, thank you very much for your help.
Did you think that time is the greatest asset you have?
86,400 seconds for you, for your pretty face. Invest, spend, splurge, get in on the trend.
Google translate translate for me

Andrés49 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:50 am Do you sometimes put 10 lots in demo?
Will your broker really allow it? It is important to know this before back testing, because if not, the risk management and those figures of multiplication of accounts varies.
Each serious broker will allow it, until you have enough margin. This is not a problem. The problem is to check the strategy if it worked in previous years, to make sure that my good results were not only due to favorable market conditions within current period of time. And I will start live trading (if I will start) with small account, just to check how it works. I mentioned 1 or 10 lots just to show, that the most important thing for me is MM and % of risk per trade.
These users thanked the author AlexBello for the post:
Andrés49

Cladi39 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:02 am Hey Hey Hey
XARD: What Candles are you using???
Hi Xard I am using X Super Trend candles MTF setting H1 for 15M chart
XARD: I like Super Candle's default settings, keep you in the trade longer till you hit your target(s). Thanks.
These users thanked the author Cladi39 for the post (total 6):
xard777, gostego, markw118, Paddygir, Juertes, msbh