Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

AlexBello wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:33 pm Just to encourage everybody who is new here and is struggling to understand the system. Do not spend your time trying to find new and better indicators, Xard already gave all (and even more) indicators that you need. Better spend your time doing demo trading, day by day and week by week. Try to figure out your own rules for entries, exits and MM. I am finishing my 6th week of demo trading now. March gave me about 40% to my account, risking only 1% per each trade. Previous week added about 10%, DD was not more than 4%. So, it is not about some magic indicators, it is about your desire to understand the thing.
Well said, Alex. And well done on the trading. I've been doing the same with mixed results. Entries are simple on Xards system, it's the exits and MM that's tricky. Which time frame do you primarily use? Any tips?

AlexBello wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:33 pm Just to encourage everybody who is new here and is struggling to understand the system. Do not spend your time trying to find new and better indicators, Xard already gave all (and even more) indicators that you need. Better spend your time doing demo trading, day by day and week by week. Try to figure out your own rules for entries, exits and MM. I am finishing my 6th week of demo trading now. March gave me about 40% to my account, risking only 1% per each trade. Previous week added about 10%, DD was not more than 4%. So, it is not about some magic indicators, it is about your desire to understand the thing.
1% per each trade because the size is small or because the stop is tight?
Timing is all

Quando tutto sembrava perduto ho guardato in faccia la sconfitta e ho trovato la speranza

gostego wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:14 am 1% per each trade because the size is small or because the stop is tight?
Distance between entry and SL can be really huge (SL goes under/above the dot), just I do not want to risk more than 1% of account. If SL is tight, I can open trade with 10 lots, if SL is huge I will open trade with 1 lot...measure position size to be about 1% of acc. And if price goes against you - just get out of trade, you will loose even less than 1%. I think, that EA should be created sooner or later in accordance with this system, probably some wise and experienced people already did that)
These users thanked the author AlexBello for the post:
gostego

AlexBello wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:22 am Distance between entry and SL can be really huge (SL goes under/above the dot), just I do not want to risk more than 1% of account. If SL is tight, I can open trade with 10 lots, if SL is huge I will open trade with 1 lot...measure position size to be about 1% of acc. And if price goes against you - just get out of trade, you will loose even less than 1%. I think, that EA should be created sooner or later in accordance with this system, probably some wise and experienced people already did that)
I have the same philosophy. What do you use to calculate your 1%? Do you have an indicator or ea?

Two BUY trades on WS30 today. First trade at the London Open and the second trade half way through the US session.
See if you can spot both BUY trades on the chart below. Now ask yourself, why would you be in these trades?
Have a great weekend out and about in the sun.
Xard777
Attachments
These users thanked the author xard777 for the post (total 15):
Narkarn, Skyold, AlexBello, maroka, mcmstar, humbatov, msbh, SWicak, kowal81, ibill, thomdel, LittleCaro, aneek229, Kev21, Jedidiah
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

xard777 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:16 am Two BUY trades on WS30 today. First trade at the London Open and the second trade half way through the US session.
See if you can spot both BUY trades on the chart below. Now ask yourself, why would you be in these trades?
Have a great weekend out and about in the sun.
Xard777
Sweet silver nugget off the 144, and golden nugget..
Double nuggets
Xard Simplified

New setup with simple rules to follow.

Entry
Take trades when price has crossed the 144, 36 and 9 MA..

When trading M5, to minimize drawdown, you can wait for the triangle to form, then enter when price crosses the 144,36,9 MA

Exits
For buys taken off the perimeter dot, exit when a red dot appears. For sells off the perimeter dot, exit when the green dot appears.

For buys taken off the green dot, exit when the next perimeter dot appears. Same for sells.

During news events, if you trade off the green/red dot and the perimeter dot appears, you can still hold the trade as price keeps pushing the perimeter dot, you can close your trade when price crosses the 9 or 36 MA.
These users thanked the author maroka for the post (total 7):
thekamilxd, 1cekzz, humbatov, gamerredd, aneek229, AlexBello, tvhh94

Absolutely! There's already plenty of stuff on the chart. Having already a complete system in place, I'd suggest to use a real account with small (micro) orders to trade. It's low risk but trading real money is very different to demo. Got to learn money management at the same time.
These users thanked the author RplusT for the post (total 3):
humbatov, AlexBello, charli