Re: Moving Average indicators for MT4

marwilli wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:59 pm In what way is it usable for you ? I'm curious :-)
I don't have a specific use for it per say, but I'm interested in finding a MA that has very low lag (sticks to the price) while retaining a high smoothing factor... This might not be perfect but I thought it was interesting (maybe not).
I think you could use this MA the same way you use other MAs (determining trend if MA0 > MA1 then trend is up or if price closes above MA then on buys, etc)

ionone wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:58 pm this is a good MA.
try different parameters.
as a rule of thumb, decreasing "Pow" glues the MA to the price more (while losing a little bit of smoothness of course).

screenshot.18.jpg

I modified the original settings to a better set
Amka.mq4
That is Kama (Kaufman adaptive moving average)
Kaufman ama is, like many adaptive averages, a derivative of EMA

By setting the "Pow" parameter value less than 1 is simply artificially closing the alpha part of the ema calculation (which in kama is calculated using Kaufman efficiency ratio) to 1 and thus making it closer to the price (alpha 1 == period 1 in ema, is equal to price itself).
And smoothing shall be lesser and lesser the closer you get to that "target" alpha to 1 (and price itself)
These users thanked the author mladen for the post (total 4):
josi, ionone, talaate, marwilli

ionone wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:23 pm I don't have a specific use for it per say, but I'm interested in finding a MA that has very low lag (sticks to the price) while retaining a high smoothing factor... This might not be perfect but I thought it was interesting (maybe not).
I think you could use this MA the same way you use other MAs (determining trend if MA0 > MA1 then trend is up or if price closes above MA then on buys, etc)
Try these:

MAMA (with filter) - with the correct settings it can filter a LOT of noise and the ribbon is often a good sup/res zone
EVWMA (with filter)

Both indis are available here and there are 5 different settings for MAMA and 4 for evwma including filtering.
These users thanked the author mades for the post:
ionone