Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

msbh wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:41 am I really like your skill at drawing trend lines on the first picture :) :thumbup:
However, the second requires no skill whatsoever.
Q1 : Which way would you choose when trading? drawing trend lines or applying Xards Semafors/EMAs?
Q2 : Which one is more obvious to you to see where the trend is going?
Q3 : Which of Xard's indicators helps you the most in making trading decisions? Semafors? HL? MAs? VQ? Trendlines?
"However, the second requires no skill whatsoever." sure, your questions show that you are a real pro and that's why you came up with this system and not Xard.

sudhindragk wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:36 pm I agree. People who are new to trading / new to this system should start with M30.You get good swing most of the times.
Few observations ...may be every one is aware about this but it might help the complete newbies:
1) Trade from 30M charts only. Don't trade the 30M second dot but wait for T+1 second dot.
When the T+1 second dot originates from the 30m perimeter dot ( and in close proximity to 30m 2nd dot) ,
quiet often you get powerful moves.Chances of repainting might be less.
2) Don't completely rely on dots or 2nd dots.
There are are lot of other good things in the system.Observe the Daily open.
If today's DO is below yesterday's DO....have a bearish bias.
So a 2nd dot sell signal will have higher chance of success.Vice versa is true.
Ideally if you observe the DO they will appear like stair case.
SK
The 2nd dots work but not all of them.
If you zoom out on your M30 chart and get a snapshot of where the trend is going,
can we say you would definitely go for the 2nd dot which is in line with the overall trend. yes :)

Cladi39 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:01 am Check what is better for you, no matter what is better for others, your questions sound lazy.
True. What works for me may not work for others but that is not the point of the exercise.
The aim of the exercise is to stop taking unwanted trades which are not in line with the trend.
Take for example, last week we had 3 opportunities. Out of the 3, only 1 of them was worth
taking because it was in line with the overall trend. If we discipline ourselves to focus on taking
trades in line with the trend, we will not have many losers thus making our little wins as big wins
with plenty of green pips :In Love:

josi wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:19 pm "However, the second requires no skill whatsoever." sure, your questions show that you are a real pro and that's why you came up with this system and not Xard.
Im like any trader who makes mistakes :facepalm:
The thing is until when will we / I keep repeating the same mistakes.
How can we cut down our mistakes?
We are following Xard's Trend Following Trading System.
From the thread name "Trend Following", but we still end up taking counter-trend trades
which don't move far and get us in trouble.

Take a look at the 2nd dot triangle which got printed today on US30 M30 timeframe.
After the triangle got printed price didn't drop, instead it reversed. Why?
Because the UP trend is still strong :Fire:
Attachments

Update
Here is the Goldband Edition with Dots and Perimeter Dots (PerDots) on M1, M5 & M15 set to M30
When in the lower TF and you can't see the PerDot just look at the background (Blue, PerDot is at Bottom - Red, PerDot is at Top)
Keeping it so simple
Xard777
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

xard777 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:15 pm Update
Here is the Goldband Edition with Dots and Perimeter Dots (PerDots) on M1, M5 & M15 set to M30
When in the lower TF and you can't see the PerDot just look at the background (Blue, PerDot is at Bottom - Red, PerDot is at Top)
Keeping it so simple
Xard777
Hello XARD.... on M1chart it shows only one background color, the dark blue.... is it normal. Why doesn't the background color change on 1 minute chart?
XARD: The background does change, you just have to zoom in a bit more to see the change (when you scroll back)... I think it is a flaw with MT4

Mustafa wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:46 am Hello XARD.... on M1chart it shows only one background color, the dark blue.... is it normal. Why doesn't the background color change on 1 minute chart?
Скорее всего нужно добавить в настройках терминала Максимально баров в истории и максимально баров в окне.
У меня на М5 было такое, я добавил и мне помогло.

XARD: You could be onto something there.
Attachments
These users thanked the author lyo99 for the post:
Mustafa

lorne wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:07 pm XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
https://www.asus.com/au/Displays-Deskto ... k-PC-TS10/

I have Xards system running on the above (Windows 10 Home) computer.

It drives my 12 year old (not so smart) 46 inch Samsung TV.

Yes I have reduced the system to essential indicators.

Having said that it will run his ‘template’ but is not happy about it!

My i5 Macbook Pro late 2013 running Windows 10 Pro in ‘Boot camp’ also runs Xards systems quite happily.

My point being that it is not necessary to buy new hardware if you do some research via whatever search engine you are using ‘How to speedup windows10’ Do a clean install of Win10 step by step follow the instructions you found online. MT4 was built to run on Windows OS.

Don’t have a fancy background don’t have folders full of files on the desktop.

Have a good look at Xards systems in all their different flavours and cherry pick what you find as helpful for your entries and exits. Make up your own templates and name them as to what they contain.

Do you really need 10 charts open at once? If so do they need all the same dashboards running?

I run two instances of MT4 one for News, Strength dashboards, the other as my ‘Trading Platform’ focused minimal charts. Buying Selling Selling Buying.

If you are using a laptop use an external monitor/Tv. Trade from the larger screen, info on the laptop screen.

One of the standout advantages of Xards setup is by using a very large screen it allows you to be mindful of what’s on the left and where the price is coming from and per chance going.

New high speed hardware will not improve your trading don’t let that belief detain you from learning how to read a chart. We buy lows and we sell highs that’s pretty much about it.

Don’t have a web browser open don’t have your email/messenger and any other distraction open period. TURN off your phone whilst trading……………..;-)

Fwiw
Regards
Lorne
Well, that too is a lot of useful info. Thank you very much. As I said im my previous post, running MT4 off a ramdrive created in windows with indexes only seems to run smoothly compaired to currency pairs so I guess I will just stick to the former for now. After all, I still need some time to study and learn the system properly, so that suits me fine. ;)

lyo99 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:41 am Хочу ещё раз поблагодарить создателя системы XARD !
Вот подобрал фильтры, в дополнение к системе, пока ещё на тесте. Пример входов на скрине.
Какой индикатор вы используете внизу под названием #? Где я могу его скачать?