Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

ibill wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:49 pm Hello XARD,

Thanks a lot for sharing this great system.

In the latest version (XU v3-FX4 HL.ex4), I found that there are pink candles with blue background and blue candles with pink background. Is it designed that way or I have messed up something as this is not the case with previous version of XU v3-FX4 STD.ex4?

Hi,
In XU v3-FX4 HL.ex4 version, bgd colour ( chart background colour ) is based on HL lines.
This is the reason.

Thanks.
These users thanked the author thomdel for the post (total 2):
muhammadfarooq, ibill

msbh wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:06 pm This is a great idea Xard.
I started drawing boxes manually on my chart on the Red/Greens dots before 2 months
to help confirm a breakout in the direction of the last Arrow on M5 charts.
Only 2 weeks back, I switched to M30 chart to see how many more pips I can catch :D
The advantage of catching breakouts on higher time frames like M30 and above is that
they give you more pips and less fakeouts.
Im currently working on an exit / close trade method. Will post it once I have good results.
God bless you Xard :hug:
I agree. People who are new to trading / new to this system should start with M30.You get good swing most of the times.
Few observations ...may be every one is aware about this but it might help the complete newbies:
1) Trade from 30M charts only. Don't trade the 30M second dot but wait for T+1 second dot.
When the T+1 second dot originates from the 30m perimeter dot ( and in close proximity to 30m 2nd dot) ,
quiet often you get powerful moves.Chances of repainting might be less.
2) Don't completely rely on dots or 2nd dots.
There are are lot of other good things in the system.Observe the Daily open.
If today's DO is below yesterday's DO....have a bearish bias.
So a 2nd dot sell signal will have higher chance of success.Vice versa is true.
Ideally if you observe the DO they will appear like stair case.
SK
Attachments
These users thanked the author sudhindragk for the post (total 6):
gostego, stond, XXXX, sidorenko, msbh, pipalong

FourXXXX wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:03 pm We can all write a manual, I just made a very rough start, anyone can open the link and edit it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Xtz ... sp=sharing
Thank you to those who have contributed to the manual already. We can all use it and add to it so that we can all bank more Pips.
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 5):
aneek229, Jimmy, muhammadfarooq, LorenzoNexus, Juertes
nil desperandum

josi wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:05 pm Depends on how long the swings are that you want to trade:
you could break it down to 2 real moves - 1 pullback; 1 impulse move (using TL-channel; with several good entries)
or
you could use semfores (after big wait for small; blue-green-ish for up, red-ish for down) and
down: wait for price to close below EMAs9+36 (yellow colouring)
up: wait for price to close above EMAs9+36 (blue colouring)
I really like your skill at drawing trend lines on the first picture :) :thumbup:
However, the second requires no skill whatsoever.
Q1 : Which way would you choose when trading? drawing trend lines or applying Xards Semafors/EMAs?
Q2 : Which one is more obvious to you to see where the trend is going?
Q3 : Which of Xard's indicators helps you the most in making trading decisions? Semafors? HL? MAs? VQ? Trendlines?

msbh wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:41 am I really like your skill at drawing trend lines on the first picture :) :thumbup:
However, the second requires no skill whatsoever.
Q1 : Which way would you choose when trading? drawing trend lines or applying Xards Semafors/EMAs?
Q2 : Which one is more obvious to you to see where the trend is going?
Q3 : Which of Xard's indicators helps you the most in making trading decisions? Semafors? HL? MAs? VQ? Trendlines?
Check what is better for you, no matter what is better for others, your questions sound lazy.

Hammertop wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:36 pm Well, I didn't expect such an insightful reply. :) Thank you very much. I have an i5-4460 CPU, 16 GB RAM and, alas, not a dedicated graphics card, so my understanding is I should forget about Windows. I'm still wading through the ginormous amount of posts in this thread and I haven't read about linux yet. But basically would it be ok to have a dedicated partition for Linux and then run a Windows emulator and MT4 from there? Thank you.
P.S. - By 32 bit what do you refer to?
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
https://www.asus.com/au/Displays-Deskto ... k-PC-TS10/

I have Xards system running on the above (Windows 10 Home) computer.

It drives my 12 year old (not so smart) 46 inch Samsung TV.

Yes I have reduced the system to essential indicators.

Having said that it will run his ‘template’ but is not happy about it!

My i5 Macbook Pro late 2013 running Windows 10 Pro in ‘Boot camp’ also runs Xards systems quite happily.

My point being that it is not necessary to buy new hardware if you do some research via whatever search engine you are using ‘How to speedup windows10’ Do a clean install of Win10 step by step follow the instructions you found online. MT4 was built to run on Windows OS.

Don’t have a fancy background don’t have folders full of files on the desktop.

Have a good look at Xards systems in all their different flavours and cherry pick what you find as helpful for your entries and exits. Make up your own templates and name them as to what they contain.

Do you really need 10 charts open at once? If so do they need all the same dashboards running?

I run two instances of MT4 one for News, Strength dashboards, the other as my ‘Trading Platform’ focused minimal charts. Buying Selling Selling Buying.

If you are using a laptop use an external monitor/Tv. Trade from the larger screen, info on the laptop screen.

One of the standout advantages of Xards setup is by using a very large screen it allows you to be mindful of what’s on the left and where the price is coming from and per chance going.

New high speed hardware will not improve your trading don’t let that belief detain you from learning how to read a chart. We buy lows and we sell highs that’s pretty much about it.

Don’t have a web browser open don’t have your email/messenger and any other distraction open period. TURN off your phone whilst trading……………..;-)

Fwiw
Regards
Lorne
These users thanked the author lorne for the post:
Hammertop