Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

msbh wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:22 pm EXERCISE FOR EVERYONE
Depends on how long the swings are that you want to trade:
you could break it down to 2 real moves - 1 pullback; 1 impulse move (using TL-channel; with several good entries)
or
you could use semfores (after big wait for small; blue-green-ish for up, red-ish for down) and
down: wait for price to close below EMAs9+36 (yellow colouring)
up: wait for price to close above EMAs9+36 (blue colouring)
Attachments
These users thanked the author josi for the post (total 3):
aneek229, ibill, msbh

Hammertop wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:00 am Hello guys. I have zero knowledge of Linux (although I suppose I will have to dig into it soon :sad: ) and I created a ramdrive in Windows 10. If I launch the latest setup by Xard it runs smoothly with Indexes but with currencies it's still a pain. Can anyone explain why? Or point me to a post where maybe this has been discussed already please? Thank you
the thread talks about linux and configurations, I can't tell you which one but the easiest thing is to use the thread search engine, the word linux will take you where you want with explanations from experienced people.
Now my personal opinion on the issue of linux - windows and MT4, with more than 10 years of experience using the 2 worlds, periods of several years exclusively one and the other world and the other 2 at the same time.
MT4 is windows only. Those who emulate linux from a windows administrator to run MT4 is because they have a state-of-the-art machine, if this is your case, fine, if not, it is a waste of your PC's resources.
You are making a Russian doll. Windows, inside we emulate linux, and linux uses wine (windows emulator), and so everything seems to go better. The heat from your processor doesn't think the way you do. Use only one or the other system. Advice:
1-We use Linux very light and easy, for example xubuntu, with all drivers installed correctly. Linux is recommended because it manages the resources of the PC, Inside it emulates wine with MT4
2-We use windows, optimal driver configuration, minimal configuration of window special effects nonsense, configuration to make the best performance, google is your friend. Then we run MT4.
Either system, dedicated graphics card is better, any processor that handles graphics and calculations more busy.
32 bit you're already retro
Lucky
These users thanked the author Andrés49 for the post:
Hammertop
Did you think that time is the greatest asset you have?
86,400 seconds for you, for your pretty face. Invest, spend, splurge, get in on the trend.
Google translate translate for me

Cladi39 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:57 am First of all you are not SYNCHRONIZED with big double dot. iN THE PICTURE EXPLANATION OF GOOD ENTRY ( GOLD NUGGET BEACOUSE THE 2º DOT IS UNDER THE DAILY)
Thanks for explaining my chart, I appreciate it.

Yes you are correct, that in morning session, the SELL makes sense after the Double Dot >> Triangle + Golden Nugget

But later in USA session, before the closing, all indices resumed the UPtrend. And in my M15 chart a BUY triangle appeared.
As we know, if price continues to break last HIGH, then the Double Dot will repaint and move to latest high. So, I zoomed out to M30 and H1 and I see Uptrend (if we ignore the latest DoubleDot), and that is why I asked if that entry was a good BUY, and as we now know, it was a Good one.

I think some entries are very clear, like the SELL you mentioned, but many other entries cause confusion and that is why we all struggle to find the right entries.

In the current version of Semafor, the DoubleDot for BUY did not show up, but in Older Version it did.

Please see the M30 chart showing Silver Nugget
These users thanked the author sashadeol for the post:
Andrés49

josi wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:01 pm Off the 2nd dot does not mean "trade the 2nd dot" (because it may repaint any amount of times).
The 2nd dot only visualizes the market cycles (the ups and downs; see screenshots above), i. e. it tells you what might happen next (not what will happen next).
After the 2nd dot you wait for your entry: red dot, background red: you wait until price closes below EMA9+36 (candles turn red): this is your sell-entry etc Buy is the opposite... (now look at Xard's screenshots above and see where you should have entered - that's it)
It has been explained in this thread hundreds of times.
Thank you, this piece of information has been really helpful for me.

The system is really good, I think its the closest thing anyone is going to find that gives a successful winning ratio to trade with the trend.
I could never have come up with such a system or begin to code the indicators, etc.

If it exits and I haven't yet found it yet then apologies, but what I think the system lacks is a comprehensive indexed User Guide/Manual where new users can find exact information under an indexed title, eg "How to take a Trade."

As you say, "It has been explained in this thread hundreds of times.", just because that's the case doesn't mean that the information is easily found. New Users might have to wade through 100's of posts, to find one piece of information on how to take a trade, the complete correct information could be at post 70 or maybe post 310, or maybe a combination of post 70, 310 and several others. It's the nature of threads, information is spread across many posts and information on the same subject can vary between users.

When a thread gets to be this size, "Page 1 of 689, 6888 post's", that's an awful lot of unorganised information to go through, even to find the 100's of posts where, various interpretations (all or none of which may be correct) by various users, on how to take a trade, have been explained. If 500 posts explain how to take a trade, that's less than 10% of the total posts.

If its been explained 100's of times, it's been asked 100's of times.

From post one on page one of the thread, through to whatever it is now, heading towards page 700, the system, as far as I can tell, has developed through different iterations, so the system, indicators, settings, and screenshots being discussed on page 3 may be very different and have little in common with the system, indicators, settings and screenshots being discussed on page 223 or page 480 for example.

The system is comprehensive with may indicators and settings, I conclude that an awful lot of work has been done by XARD which is way beyond my pay grade.
However, information on indicators, their setting and how to use them in the various strategies, with appropriate screenshots, would be of great value organised into a single user guide, possibly reducing the need to have the same thing questioned and explained 100's of times.

I don't blame XARD or anybody else, in the slightest, for not wanting to produce one comprehensive user guide to go along with the system, because it would involve many many hours of work, and boring work at that. He's built it, he's making money and he's kindly shared it.

Until there is a comprehensive user guide to go along with the appropriate system build, I think new users are going to keep coming along and asking the same questions, because the correct information that would provide the answers, is not easily found.

Regards,

Traderancher
These users thanked the author TradeRancher for the post (total 5):
Hammertop, AlexBello, Andrés49, pipalong, Andres128

Andrés49 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:40 pm the thread talks about linux and configurations, I can't tell you which one but the easiest thing is to use the thread search engine, the word linux will take you where you want with explanations from experienced people.
Now my personal opinion on the issue of linux - windows and MT4, with more than 10 years of experience using the 2 worlds, periods of several years exclusively one and the other world and the other 2 at the same time.
MT4 is windows only. Those who emulate linux from a windows administrator to run MT4 is because they have a state-of-the-art machine, if this is your case, fine, if not, it is a waste of your PC's resources.
You are making a Russian doll. Windows, inside we emulate linux, and linux uses wine (windows emulator), and so everything seems to go better. The heat from your processor doesn't think the way you do. Use only one or the other system. Advice:
1-We use Linux very light and easy, for example xubuntu, with all drivers installed correctly. Linux is recommended because it manages the resources of the PC, Inside it emulates wine with MT4
2-We use windows, optimal driver configuration, minimal configuration of window special effects nonsense, configuration to make the best performance, google is your friend. Then we run MT4.
Either system, dedicated graphics card is better, any processor that handles graphics and calculations more busy.
32 bit you're already retro
Lucky
Well, I didn't expect such an insightful reply. :) Thank you very much. I have an i5-4460 CPU, 16 GB RAM and, alas, not a dedicated graphics card, so my understanding is I should forget about Windows. I'm still wading through the ginormous amount of posts in this thread and I haven't read about linux yet. But basically would it be ok to have a dedicated partition for Linux and then run a Windows emulator and MT4 from there? Thank you.
P.S. - By 32 bit what do you refer to?

TradeRancher wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:15 pm ...what I think the system lacks is a comprehensive indexed User Guide/Manual where new users can find exact information under an indexed title, eg "How to take a Trade."
I think you are right in two ways:
a) the manual is still missing
b) you may be the right person to write it
Attachments
These users thanked the author josi for the post (total 6):
kowal81, LittleCaro, aneek229, oskar656, pipalong, Juertes

Going through the recent posts made me laugh as well as lament the aptitude of many on this forum. Trading is a sophisticated skill, one needs to have a certain refinement in their observation to master the skill of trading.... What I get from the most recent posts is that many are looking for some hidden meaning in the system. Xard has been making an effort to make it simpler with each new version, but many traders insist of making it way more difficult than the system really is. Many fail to utilize the system and feel they should be missing something. There must be something hidden in the system that they have yet to access. NO there is no such thing. It is a repainting system that needs high level of discipline and patience to make it work. And one thing which XARD made clear long ago, if you do not have a large enough screen, you would miss to see the bigger picture painted by the system.... The system is open to interpretation and modifications, it is not the holy grail of trading. If many don't see how the system works, it is not the fault of the system. It is traders' fault that they are digging deeper than the depth of the system.... It is perfect for XARD because he combines it with his money management skill and emotional intelligence skills to make it do wonders for him.... Having the system alone won't do anyone much good if they fail to realize that they need to exercise their own brains to utilize it to be profitable.....
These users thanked the author Mustafa for the post (total 8):
kowal81, humbatov, Castle73, XXXX, Skyold, Yuri_I, LorenzoNexus, flandria

xard777 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:13 am US2000 Directional Play M5 + M30 TFs
I made the Dots on the M30 show up as Perimeter Dots on the M5
The M5 still uses the M30 Perimeter Dot for Background change and the Candles are color coded so on a Red background it will only show SELL Candles and on the Blue background it will only show BUY Candles.
Xard777
Awesome idea.. this will make trading easier on M5.. one can easily follow the trend.

Xard, is it possible to wait for M30 triangle or for price to cross HL before changing the background on M5? or not so good idea?

Or also have an option for the M30 to use the H4 perimeter dot as the background.. for those who would like to trade M30.

Just a suggestion..