LikeRe: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

xard777 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:13 am US2000 Directional Play M5 + M30 TFs
I made the Dots on the M30 show up as Perimeter Dots on the M5
The M5 still uses the M30 Perimeter Dot for Background change and the Candles are color coded so on a Red background it will only show SELL Candles and on the Blue background it will only show BUY Candles.
Xard777
@xard

Hi Xard,
I love this idea - was thinking the same thing, it takes away the bumps in the road and lets one focus on the higher TF roadmap, not sure how and where to change what...would you mind sharing your template/indies for this please? happy blue days to you.

Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Maffe wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:28 pm I find it quite hard to trad the 2nd dot, i have been carefully monitoring how the triangles form and they do not only recalculate and move the dot higher/lower but can also form a triangle way back in time.
How do you manage to trust these "signals"?
Thank you very much
Nobody "trusts" a repainter, nobody "trades" the 2nd dot...
The repainter visualizes the price cycles.
If you look at the candles you see that they change colour once they crossed EMA9+36 - this is the entry.
See Xard's screenshot (which I borrowed without asking):
Attachments
These users thanked the author josi for the post:
Juertes

Maffe wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:28 pm I find it quite hard to trad the 2nd dot, i have been carefully monitoring how the triangles form and they do not only recalculate and move the dot higher/lower but can also form a triangle way back in time.

How do you manage to trust these "signals"?

Thank you very much
No system is 100% perfect, some trades are winners some are losers. If you make more from the winners then you are winning. A few weeks ago I posted an indicator that takes a screenshot on every new bar. Going through those images one by one you can test the trading method very easily. Works for me.
nil desperandum

josi wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:35 pm Nobody "trusts" a repainter, nobody "trades" the 2nd dot...
The repainter visualizes the price cycles.
If you look at the candles you see that they change colour once they crossed EMA9+36 - this is the entry.
See Xard's screenshot (which I borrowed without asking):
Please josi explain a little better this theory that nobody operates with the second point, because I still cannot win with this system. I'm really sad, I don't know what to do, I doubt with those comments from anyone, I try to apply the original system explained here. Attached capture of the pdf of the first xard post. Thanks for your time.
Did you think that time is the greatest asset you have?
86,400 seconds for you, for your pretty face. Invest, spend, splurge, get in on the trend.
Google translate translate for me

Andrés49 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:50 pm "off" 2dot.png
Off the 2nd dot does not mean "trade the 2nd dot" (because it may repaint any amount of times).
The 2nd dot only visualizes the market cycles (the ups and downs; see screenshots above), i. e. it tells you what might happen next (not what will happen next).
After the 2nd dot you wait for your entry: red dot, background red: you wait until price closes below EMA9+36 (candles turn red): this is your sell-entry etc Buy is the opposite... (now look at Xard's screenshots above and see where you should have entered - that's it)
It has been explained in this thread hundreds of times.
These users thanked the author josi for the post (total 4):
aneek229, Andrés49, pipalong, Juertes

josi wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:01 pm Off the 2nd dot does not mean "trade the 2nd dot" (because it may repaint any amount of times.
The 2nd dot only visualizes the market cycles (the ups and downs; see screenshots above), i. e. it tells you what might happen next (not what will happen next).
After the 2nd dot you wait for your entry: red dot, background red: you wait until price closes below EMA9+36 (candles turn red): this is your sell-entry etc Buy is the opposite... (now look at Xard's screenshots above and see where you should have entered - that's it)
It has been explained in this thread hundreds of times.
Hi Josi,

Do we still need to wait for VQ confirmation as well?

tq in advance!!!

LJC wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:19 pm Do we still need to wait for VQ confirmation as well?
This depends on how you use it.
In its most basic version it "only" represents price+EMA9+36. These MAs are already on the chart so it could easily be neglected. If it represents higher TFs (as reference) it can be very useful (but all your entries - by definition of higher TF - therefore will be late etc).
The only reasonable way to go about this is to understand completely which indicators you use, how they work and why exactly you use them (what function do they have in your trading).
Everything anybody else will tell you may be right, wrong, not helpful for you etc.
There is no other way, really.
These users thanked the author josi for the post (total 5):
LorenzoNexus, aneek229, Andrés49, pipalong, Juertes

josi wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:27 pm This depends on how you use it.
In its most basic version it "only" represents price+EMA9+36. These MAs are already on the chart so it could easily be neglected. If it represents higher TFs (as reference) it can be very useful (but all your entries - by definition of higher TF - therefore will be late etc).
The only reasonable way to go about this is to understand completely which indicators you use, how they work and why exactly you use them (what function do they have in your trading).
Everything anybody else will tell you may be right, wrong, not helpful for you etc.
There is no other way, really.
Tq for your quick reply Josi.

Lets say for a a nubee like me, would you recommend having the vq there as a confirmation? Settings tf for Vq i assume would be current or tf+1 pending on personal preference.

tq again

Andrés49 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:50 pm Please josi explain a little better this theory that nobody operates with the second point, because I still cannot win with this system. I'm really sad, I don't know what to do, I doubt with those comments from anyone, I try to apply the original system explained here. Attached capture of the pdf of the first xard post. Thanks for your time.
no 2dot.png
The second point in this topic is revealed. Josie won't help.
viewtopic.php?f=579489&t=8474017
viewtopic.php?p=1295419304#p1295419304
viewtopic.php?p=1295412316#p1295412316 About working TF
These users thanked the author RomanUkraine for the post (total 2):
Andrés49, sidorenko