NO LINKS, SOURCE CODE REQUESTS OR MODIFICATION OF DECOMPILED INDICATORS. To avoid post deletion please follow the rules.

Re: Trend Indicators for MT4

Narco wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:08 pm
Guys, there is no other NRP version of Half Trend except for the one Mladen posted himself called "half-trend nrp.ex4"
may be.. i hope mladen updated the half trend . May be it is a nrp version but stardard or not updated.
Screenshot_5.jpg

Re: Trend Indicators for MT4

sal wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:46 pm
Bro.. thanks for the support.
would like to know it is an NRP indicator!!
In fact I am not using this indicator in my chart, however, It is not repainting, you may check it in 1 min or in tester.

Re: Trend Indicators

mladen wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:37 am
I have explained a long time ago but here is one "shortened version" again : half trend (the usual version that can be found on forums including older version that I posted too) , can and will repaint in some cases. The "nrp" version will not.

Here is just a part of the new code (that will sure help you determine find out in the existing code(s) what is the issue in half trend indicators, and I am quiet confident that you shall soon produce nrp version for net users too so that all can benefit from the knowledge accumulated in comparison modes) :

Capture.JPG

And then (when all the issues that can happen are going to be solved) even foolish nonsense like this can be made one fine day (all as a result of a coding progress we are all witnessing these days) :

example.png

But don't take my word for it : after all everybody can test whatever is posted on the wide, wide net :) and all the experts out there are by all means going to find out one day eventually what is going on with some sorts of code that can cause issues
Hello dear Mladen,can you make mt5 version of this excelent half trend? i have found some mq5 half trend,without push alerts,but with alerts,but i think its based on same old version of mt4.
Hope to hear from you.
Thank you

mladen wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:58 am
It is not the one from the quoted post, but does not matter
The source for the new (fully non-repainting) version was never made public
Hi Mladen / Mr Tools?

Do you know if it is possible to make Half Trend transition faster?

With older versions you can set the Amplitude to negative (-1). It looks good on a visual backtest but in Realtime it actually can lag even more than amp +1. I believe this is due to using future values?

Perhaps there's a way to make a 'Zero Lag' Half Trend, something like the Zero Lag Hull Moving Average? Maybe it is possible to set lower MA values?

I've attached an example comparing the two.

Half Trend is a great indicator in steady trending markets, but it struggles with faster directional changes.
HT.PNG
HT2.PNG

Narco wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:49 pm
Hi Mladen / Mr Tools?

Do you know if it is possible to make Half Trend transition faster?

With older versions you can set the Amplitude to negative (-1). It looks good on a visual backtest but in Realtime it actually can lag even more than amp +1. I believe this is due to using future values?

Perhaps there's a way to make a 'Zero Lag' Half Trend, something like the Zero Lag Hull Moving Average? Maybe it is possible to set lower MA values?

I've attached an example comparing the two.

Half Trend is a great indicator in steady trending markets, but it struggles with faster directional changes.
Regarding negative "amplitude" I have a simple proposal :

• Why don't we simply decide that the future is a known?
  • So we shall simply scrap the fact that we do not know what shall happen in the future
  • Then all our problems with "predictions" will be solved
  • So : tomorrow EURUSD shall be 2.00
  • Do not believe it?
  • Why "believe" when I "know"

Please, if the math model does not have a sound ground for using some values (take the regression analysis as an example), one, and only one possible reason exists to display past values better fit in the past to past future values (since actual values are going to be changed all the time) and will make those values, as far as indicators like half trend are concerned, useless : to scam people into believing that it is a wonder

mladen wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:17 pm
Please, if the math model does not have a sound ground for using some values (take the regression analysis as an example), one, and only one possible reason exists to display past values better fit in the past to past future values (since actual values are going to be changed all the time) and will make those values, as far as indicators like half trend are concerned, useless : to scam people into believing that it is a wonder
Thanks, I appreciate the response.

I 100% agree with you, so I was just asking was there any alternatives to make it transition a bit faster without using negative amplitude.

As far as the indicator being a scam. It definitely isn't a holy grail but it can be a useful tool for alerting and heads up for PA directional changes.

Cheers

Narco wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:33 pm
Thanks, I appreciate the response.

I 100% agree with you, so I was just asking was there any alternatives to make it transition a bit faster without using negative amplitude.

As far as the indicator being a scam. It definitely isn't a holy grail but it can be a useful tool for alerting and heads up for PA directional changes.

Cheers
That indicator, if calculated the original way, is not a scam
Making it using negative "amplitude" would be deception at the least (if not straight scam)

mladen wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:36 pm
That indicator, if calculated the original way, is not a scam
Making it using negative "amplitude" would be deception at the least (if not straight scam)
It is a very good indicator.

Maybe it is possible to speed up the transitions using a different (faster) MA instead of changing amplitude?

1. Similar Topics

1. trend-bars.mq4

3 Replies 2716 Views

by komikami, Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:26 am in Coding Help

3 Replies
    2. One Trade per Trend

0 Replies 1451 Views

by hobbytrader, Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:42 pm in Coding Help

0 Replies

Return to “MT4 Indicators”