Re: Waddah Attar Indicators for MT4

josi wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:40 am looks intriguing:
what are your inputs?
I'm sorry, can't do that. I spent hundreds of hours to figure that out........ :D

Just kidding, Josi.....
As I got no clue about coding, I was simply trying to fix the width of the lines......and uuppps....it turned out like this. Kind of liked it, but need to see that in real time.
I expect it to give a hint for possible longs and shorts and one can also see the actual volume spikes popping up behind it. Never used such indicator though. Any input from the ones with experience is appreciated.

Here are the changes I did to the Draw Line parameters...

Code: Select all

SetIndexBuffer(0, ind_buffer1);  SetIndexStyle(0, DRAW_HISTOGRAM);
SetIndexBuffer(1, ind_buffer2);  SetIndexStyle(1, DRAW_HISTOGRAM);
SetIndexBuffer(2, ind_buffer3);  SetIndexStyle(2,2, DRAW_LINE);
SetIndexBuffer(3, ind_buffer4);  SetIndexStyle(3,2, DRAW_LINE);
SetIndexBuffer(4, ind_buffer5);  SetIndexStyle(4,2, DRAW_LINE);
SetIndexBuffer(5, ind_buffer6);  SetIndexStyle(5,2, DRAW_LINE);
These users thanked the author RplusT for the post (total 2):
josi, Jimmy

RplusT wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:27 pm I'm sorry, can't do that. I spent hundreds of hours to figure that out........ :D
As always, really...
I think I got it - still looks pretty impressive (the "shadows" give good hints for entries & exits) - let's see where that leads: I think Jimmy is the man to ask for further evalution...
Attachments

Cazz223 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:53 am Hello Blonde
Would you kindly put the dots to the histogram in this latest version as well please.
I tried to mimic your way to modify it but fail miserably.

Thanks
point at every bar?
can better connect the tops of the bars with a line?
in any case, your screen is better for understanding the problem
draw it

josi wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:40 am looks intriguing:
what are your inputs?
RplusT wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:27 pm Here are the changes I did to the Draw Line parameters...
Ha! It produces some interesting little waves. I wonder if we can experiment more and can come up with some sort of new code based off this? Or perhaps show one wave behind the WAE bars etc. so things can be a bit clearer. Either way, it looks like a Waddah Attar Explosion Waves in the making :D

If anyone wants to play with it, here's Rplus's code attached.

PS: Thank you Rplus and Josi :)
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 5):
kvak, josi, RplusT, thomdel, Thangarasu
Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

I'm really enjoying all of the activity around the Waddah Attar indis lately.

A member posted "wa averages nmc.mq4" recently which clearly yields interesting results, would it be possible to outfit it with options for arrows/lines/color change/alerts on slope change as well as zero cross?

The default super smoother seems to work pretty good but maybe add the rest of the averages as well, for those who want to tinker?

Jimmy wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:42 pm Ha! It produces some interesting little waves. I wonder if we can experiment more and can come up with some sort of new code based off this? Or perhaps show one wave behind the WAE bars etc. so things can be a bit clearer. Either way, it looks like a Waddah Attar Explosion Waves in the making :D

If anyone wants to play with it, here's Rplus's code attached.

PS: Thank you Rplus and Josi :)
this one is superb .. its like everything is there