Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Something to think about when you are trading.

Set yourself a Daily Percentage Target (DPT), mines is 6%. This may not sound like a lot but compounded every day for a years worth of trading is.
Now that you have your DPT, try and beat it by say another 2%. I know that 2% does not sound like much but it is in fact another 33% on top of your DPT.
If you maintained that 2% increase every day for a year your fund would grow by a factor of 88. Whatever your 6% DPT for the year would be, you would have 88 times that amount by simply increasing your DPT from 6% to 8%. Think about that the next time you are staring at the screen.

So remember, set your DPT then look to beat it every trading day.

1000 bananas * 1.06 ^ 240 (12mths * 20 trading days) =1'184'152'574.54 bananas
1000 bananas * 1.08 ^ 240 = 105'123'864'279 bananas
105'123'864'279 / 1'184'152'574.54 = 88.78 times more bananas.
It's the little things in life that count, especially when it comes to trading.
XARD777

NB Real life scenarios may not work out the same (so instead of 1yr allow an addition 2nd or even 3rd year to complete the scenario)
These users thanked the author xard777 for the post (total 14):
oskar656, pipalong, flandria, MarVas, maroka, gamerredd, Krunal Gajjar, Kev21, Yuri_I, LorenzoNexus, thekamilxd, Juertes, msbh, Jedidiah
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

xard777 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:30 am If you look at this trade you will see that it originated from the 5m but the 1hr suggests that it will move much further. It has been a long trading day today, I am tired and want a shower before crashing for the night.
I have decided to come out of the trade and book the Pip$ (no need to be greedy).
Oh! the new H/L channel lines are working a treat.
Xard777
@Xard I think many others are thankful for you sharing these screenshots of trade, but I would rather see where is the entry point and SL in your trading. I think that would help people tremendously in their trading. Because I see you achieve a good percentage return based on trade. So would be good to see what Risk to reward do you achieve to get from a trade like 6%. Or maybe you just risk 10% per trade or something. So in this case showing where is the entry point and stop-loss would be great if that is not a secret from your side.

I did green line (entry point) and red line (SL) on the picture. Did you do the same?

Keep on the good work!
Attachments
These users thanked the author promixer for the post (total 7):
gamerredd, aneek229, LorenzoNexus, neverloggedin, Juertes, oskar656, Andrés49

A suggestion:

Historical trades can be shown in MT4 by dragging and dropping an order from the account history. (Attached a historical trade)

But of course this is just half the story, because since indicators repaint, one would have to include a screenshot at opening trade and a screenshot at closing trade. These 2 screenshots can be generated automatically on opening and closing trade by indicators that can do this work.

So a total of 3 screenshots are needed to tell the story:
  • opening the trade (what are you seeing when you open the trade)
  • closing the trade(what are you seeing when you close the trade)
  • the historical trade (entry and exit marks)

Showing just the historical trade would be sufficient to tell the complete story If none of the indicators were repainting.
Attachments
These users thanked the author chris006 for the post (total 2):
josi, Andrés49

Today, my friends, GE30 was the simple solution - no sweat whatsoever.
(or Gold, for that matter)
Or, as Adam Grimes wrote: Be clear on this point: markets are usually random and most of the patterns markets create are also random. However, we can sometimes identify spots where price movement is something less than random and is somewhat more predictable, and these less-than-random spots may offer profitable trading opportunities.