QuestionMladen's Latest Indicator- does it work???

I just conducted a test using two of my favourite of Mladen's indicators, one of which I've modded quite heavily, but still prefer at the moment the original settings, and this provides an entry and exit signal. I also use a filter of Mladen's - the most recent moving average he published in November 2020 on MQL5.

Mladen, thank you for sharing your genius with us. It's a great gift.

[1]
This is WITHOUT optimisation of the MA used as a crossover filter fore the trend following strategy. selecting a fast and slow (in this case, 10 and 50 MA).

2 year test result:

NORMAL MOVING AVERAGE USED TO FILTER TRADES (SIMPLE CROSSOVER TREND, PLUS 1 ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENT TO FILTER OUT RANGEBOUND)

MLADEN NEW (MCGINLEY) MOVING AVERAGE USED TO FILTER TRADES (SIMPLE CROSSOVER, PLUS 1 ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENT TO FILTER OUT RANGEBOUND).

At the first glance, it appears that the profit is the same - but look at the losses and other metrics. So I consider this as a potentially promising result in the first instance, even though we are looking at 150 to 189 trades over 2 years.

Below [to be edited in later as processing], I use a higher timeframe for the filter, and I also perform the test over around 6 years of 100% quality data, with 6 optimisations on the entry and exit strategy. I do not optimise the filter still (because I will save that for finding the best setting for live trading as a final step). I model both spreads and commission conditions for a more realistic simulation.

Without Mladen's new MA
With Mladen's new MA

This is using a single instrument (only one currency actually). I feel that the results are very promising, especially because the optimisation is minimal (not 100s of parameters or options).

Finally, I will apply this strategy and show you a portfolio result which looks very promising for future trading with optimisations say every 3-6 months.

TBC
These users thanked the author econome for the post (total 2):
charli, Kiwi

Re: Mladen's Latest Indicator- does it work???

econome wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:03 am I just conducted a test using two of my favourite of Mladen's indicators, one of which I've modded quite heavily, but still prefer at the moment the original settings
thats nice u modded the code.............. with impressive backtesting result
pls share ur modded version with the community here.............. unless u going to try sell it?? not too sure if dis is commercial or something :think: :think: :think:
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈

I have now finished conducting tests I mention, and I conclude that the use of mladen's 2021 Mckginley MA is definitely a superior average.
The top result shows 5 years returns using simple moving averages to identify the direction of trade.
The bottom result shows 5 years returns using the mladen MG MAs.
  • The net profit is high by around 40% of the starting capital.
  • The drawdown is lower (8.14% versus 8.92%)
  • The win-loss ratio is marginally better (2.06 versus 2.04) - also profit factor - the percentages show the overall wins
  • Fewer trades are taken using the mladen MG MA - meaning it is more efficient.
This is very exciting, thank you mladen for bringing this forward.

That's all from me.

Econome

econome wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:21 am Econome
so lemme guess now u selling mladens free code as ur own ya?? just like the other bumz who come and take free stuffs then not help out...........

what is point of all this hype if u not sharing example or system or indicator with us??? :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

moey_dw wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:57 pm so lemme guess now u selling mladens free code as ur own ya?? just like the other bumz who come and take free stuffs then not help out...........

what is point of all this hype if u not sharing example or system or indicator with us??? :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
Take this: thanks to MrTools
Mcginley Dynamic Filtered for MT4
These users thanked the author josi for the post (total 3):
Jimmy, moey_dw, A_5

josi wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:45 pm Take this: thanks to MrTools
Mcginley Dynamic Filtered for MT4
thx 2 you man........... at least nows i can have some idea what dis bullshit guy is talking about :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
These users thanked the author moey_dw for the post:
josi