IdeaSame strategy on the different timeframes?

I had an idea yesterday when watching a Darwinex video about diversifying by trading the same strategy on different timeframes.

My idea would be to use confluence but on several timeframes :

for example :

if I have a buy signal, on the M30, H1, H4 and D1 timeframes then I buy, but only if these four are in correlation (you an use other TFs it's just an example)
anybody tried that ?

my hope would be to improve winrate.. but does it work ?

thanks

Jeff

Re: Same strategy on the different timeframes?

ionone wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:36 pm if I have a buy signal, on the M30, H1, H4 and D1 timeframes then I buy, but only if these four are in correlation (you an use other TFs it's just an example)
anybody tried that ?
Good question J! Been there done that brother. It doesn't work because by the time you get in, the trend is usually finished or some bullshit news event derails you.

Some leading indicators can get you in just in time, such as those in the 4 Timeframe MTF indicators thread. But for me, I don't use this approach, even though I know it can work.

As myself and Xard tell traders, look at the higher timeframes first and use those as the basis of your intraday trades.

To be more specific, for me:

• I have 8 currency pairs open.
  • I look at the Weekly charts only.
  • If the Weekly is up, I will only look for Buy signals on all other timeframes.
  • If the Weekly is down, I will only look for Sell signals on all other timeframes.

That's it! And it's been working well for me for years, so much so that I noted this approach in our TDI Infographic a few years ago. :thumbup:

PS: Sorry if I have veered off course with my response.
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 4):
josi, moey_dw, 太虚一毫, Forexlearner
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Jimmy wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:35 pm Some leading indicators can get you in just in time, such as those in the 4 Timeframe MTF indicators thread. But for me, I don't use this approach, even though I know it can work.
It does work, of course, but you have to know what you are doing (because the higher TFs will recalculate - not repaint).
Normally you end up taking the same trades you would enter using Jimmy's method.
Attachments
These users thanked the author josi for the post:
Jimmy

Jimmy wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:35 pm I have 8 currency pairs open.
I look at the Weekly charts only.
If the Weekly is up, I will only look for Buy signals on all other timeframes.
If the Weekly is down, I will only look for Sell signals on all other timeframes.
yes............. love dis and i remember u helping everyone on FF years ago wit this approach on TDI & trading made easy u showed when u get signal on 4H TDI u zoom to 5 min chart & enter when TDI gets signal there :Fire: :Fire: :Fire:
These users thanked the author moey_dw for the post (total 2):
Jimmy, Forexlearner
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈

moey_dw wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:50 pm yes............. love dis and i remember u helping everyone on FF years ago wit this approach on TDI & trading made easy u showed when u get signal on 4H TDI u zoom to 5 min chart & enter when TDI gets signal there :Fire: :Fire: :Fire:
Haha, I did!

Those were the days :)
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance