NO LINKS, SOURCE CODE REQUESTS OR MODIFICATION OF DECOMPILED INDICATORS. To avoid post deletion please follow the rules.

Re: Trend Indicators for MT4

太虚一毫 wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:37 pm
Lines 233 and 234 are "alarm text", right? I think these two strings of text are written in reverse, "trend changed to up" should be on the back line, and "trend changed to down" should be on the front line. I don't know, right?
Yes try changing

Code: Select all

if (trena[whichBar]== 1) doAlert(whichBar,"trend changed to up");
         if (trena[whichBar]==-1) doAlert(whichBar,"trend changed to down");
to

Code: Select all

if (trena[whichBar]==  -1) doAlert(whichBar,"trend changed to up");
         if (trena[whichBar]== 1) doAlert(whichBar,"trend changed to down");

ExclamationRe: Trend Indicators

mrtools wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:58 am
This is price channel stop using the new format, indicator is mtf with alerts and is using the 30+ prices in it's calculation.
Hello experts:

This indicator works fine on current time frame. But in MTF (like 5M on 1M chart), the signal REPAINTS. Can you please take a look and make it non-repaint, thanks.
Price Channel Stop (mtf+alerts).mq4
(14.62 KiB) Downloaded 84 times

Re: Trend Indicators

colorwind wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:05 am
Hello experts:

This indicator works fine on current time frame. But in MTF (like 5M on 1M chart), the signal REPAINTS. Can you please take a look and make it non-repaint, thanks.
Hi,it is normal in mtf mode.
For example you use 1hour mtf in 15 min chart. You have 4 time chance to change direction,up/down.But after 1hour candle close,its no repaint.....

kvak wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:22 am
Hi,it is normal in mtf mode.
For example you use 1hour mtf in 15 min chart. You have 4 time chance to change direction,up/down.But after 1hour candle close,its no repaint.....
thanks Kvak, so I can not trade base on the indicator in MTF because it changes signal 4 times, right?

colorwind wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:15 am
thanks Kvak, so I can not trade base on the indicator in MTF because it changes signal 4 times, right?
To me mtf is good to look at the long term trend and take trades in that direction, when the lower time frame agrees. The times the signal may change depends on what time frames you trade on and the time frame chart trend you are looking at, for example if on a 30 minute chart and looking at hourly chart it can change 2 times, if on m5 looking ar m15 chart it can change 3 times.

1. Similar Topics

1. trend-bars.mq4

3 Replies 2714 Views

by komikami, Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:26 am in Coding Help

3 Replies
    2. One Trade per Trend

0 Replies 1450 Views

by hobbytrader, Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:42 pm in Coding Help

0 Replies

Return to “MT4 Indicators”