Re: Moving Average indicators for MT4

mrtools wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:57 am First of all the bands don't repaint or please show some proof of them repainting, second the atr used was a pure atr,not the built in mt4 atr, so changed this one to the built in mt4 atr, which is uses a simple moving average of atr, the last one was more of a pure atr. There is very little difference in the 2 but there is a difference. Anyway this is the best I can do with this indicator. And to add the atr is added to the evwma calculation so it's kind of a atr of evwma so doubt you will get the same readings as the built in separate window atr.
Apologies for my lack of knowledge in this sector of indicator coding.

Your explanation provided much clarity towards the ATR calculation that is built in MT4 and for the indicator.

Thank you very much for your help Mr Tools!

mrtools wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:47 pm The squize ma is basically a ma cross with the atr trade/notrade zones, the best oscillator for a ma cross is good old MACD doubt if I will be able to build something better than that.
hello mr tools
i use this indicator for avoiding deadzones(i dont trade when there is yellow line on chart , itrade when there is no yellow line on chart) , i dont want you to change it , i just want you to add another value for when there is no yellow line on chart
The formula is fine
Thanks again

Hello everyone! first, I would like to thank you for the indicators and studies provided here. I would like to know if there is a possibility to include some 2 or 3 bands of fibonacci in the All Averages indicator. My idea is to set up, for example, 11.8 -23.6 as a "margin of error" to not get out of the trade for example. or to enter new operations in a possible pullback for example. I looked here and on the topic of Fibo and I didn't find anything similar. if you already have, I apologize.

Thank you very much in advance.

Darks wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:12 am Here's a MT4 version of Range weighted EMA by Mladen. It uses high low range for weighting purpose and that seems to be a good alternative for volume weighted EMA because of the absence of volume in forex.
Champion! Thanks for posting this up Darks, can't wait to try it! :thumbup:
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post:
Darks
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Dear friends,

I do have a request. Do you know of any more advanced true wvap indicator? I'm attaching one which has no functions. I would like to have ways to move the start day for daily vwap and also alerts if the price crosses and candles closes above/below the line. Adding some channel to widen the vwap zone would be cool too.

Vwap is by far (together with ema200 on higher tf) the most precise sup/res line drawing (and probably self-fulfililng) simplistic tool i've experienced over many years and you can see it right when you plot it on a big pair like eurusd.

Thanks!

mades wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:55 am Dear friends,

I do have a request. Do you know of any more advanced true wvap indicator? I'm attaching one which has no functions. I would like to have ways to move the start day for daily vwap and also alerts if the price crosses and candles closes above/below the line. Adding some channel to widen the vwap zone would be cool too.

Vwap is by far (together with ema200 on higher tf) the most precise sup/res line drawing (and probably self-fulfililng) simplistic tool i've experienced over many years and you can see it right when you plot it on a big pair like eurusd.

Thanks!
Something like this
viewtopic.php?p=1295394115#p1295394115
These users thanked the author Darks for the post:
alexm