Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Dondbaze wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:37 am Do anyone know any such calculator for indices to calculate risk? Thanks
tonnogueira wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:05 pm it really is difficult to do the calculations and there is no tool on the internet to help ....
I found such indi (from trusted website I know for years) and it works fine as far as I checked it today on indices and Gold. Put it to indi folder and then on your chart. In indi settings, put Fixed Fraction and then you can enter your desired risk % to Lot Percent. Then you can move the lines of SL and OP and TP and indi will show you info about your lot size.
These users thanked the author AlexBello for the post (total 11):
Kev21, rudiarius, gamerredd, tonnogueira, Juertes, msbh, Thangarasu, Castle73, ibill, thomdel, Ricstar_8

Dondbaze wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:37 am Hello guys.. Please I would like to ask something.. I have been trading currency since I started learning forex and I have come to understand risk management with it.. I have been having issues migrating to indices. I'm not exactly sure how to calculate risk.. And what lots sizes to use.. It's quite easy on currency as there are calculators to quickly tell you. Do anyone know any such calculator for indices to calculate risk? Thanks
Check this
viewtopic.php?p=1295421981#p1295421981

My latest pet project

I am going to take the stand off my 65" LG Monitor, turn it 90 degrees so that it is in portrait mode and mount it on the wall with my sound bar also mounted on the wall below the TV and just above my desk.

This gives me all my desk space back (woohoo) and with the screen in portrait mode I can run three versions of MT4 with each version running just one 15m chart.

The idea is that i would display WS30, US500, and US2000 on 15m charts and as there is only one chart per MT4 version then there is absolutely no lag whatsoever (not that I have any lag - tried it with two versions of MT4 in landscape mode and it worked a treat - ergo, the Eureka moment).

I will of course be running all 3 MT4 versions on my 4gb Ram Drive (which already runs sweet) and as it is in portrait mode then the three charts will display just perfect - can't wait :-)

I have ordered up the wall bracket along with a large wooden board. i will fit the board to the studs and the wall bracket to the board - Duh!
Should be fun, will no doubt let you know how I get on.
Xard777

NB Forgot to mention that the cool thing about running separate MT4's for each chart means that the Pip$ figures will display correctly.
Attachments
These users thanked the author xard777 for the post (total 14):
humbatov, AlexBello, thomdel, Thales, Narkarn, Skyold, chris006, DVanAssen, msbh, gostego, gamerredd, Mustafa, Andres128, Jedidiah
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

Dondbaze wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:37 am Hello guys.. Please I would like to ask something.. I have been trading currency since I started learning forex and I have come to understand risk management with it.. I have been having issues migrating to indices. I'm not exactly sure how to calculate risk.. And what lots sizes to use.. It's quite easy on currency as there are calculators to quickly tell you. Do anyone know any such calculator for indices to calculate risk? Thanks
Hi Dondbaze, I am a forex trader as well. I've been trading indices as well as gold and crude oil. I work on the D1 timeframe and I'm a NNFX trader. To help me open trades on lower TF like the M15 and H1 with the XARD System I use a tool created from one of the coders of the NNFX community. The EA opens trades with sl/tp using the NNFX MM rules based on the ATR. It opens 2 positions but you can change this in the variables of the EA if you want. There are a lot of settings that you can change: for example you can choose the multiplier of the ATR number for sl and tp and ts; you can easily choose which percentage to use on every trade. If you only need to open 1 trade without to use the tp based on the ATR I'm pretty sure that by changing the variables you can do it, but you will always have to use the sl based on the ATR. If you search on Google "firewight", you will find a website called "firewight | Advanced Trading Tools", its the website where you can download it. The EA does expire because it has updates every few months. It's completely free and it works really good. REMEMBER to read the website before using the EA, because it will explain to you everything you need to know about it.

It really works good for me so I just wanted to share with you and this community something that I consider good for MM purposes.

Have a good weekend!
These users thanked the author LorenzoNexus for the post (total 6):
Thales, Juertes, Dondbaze, gamerredd, Abdelrahman, berserkyjc
Keep calm, and drink hot tea ~

Hi Xard. Do you have all 3 MT4 instances running in one ram drive or each in its own Ram drive?
Regards

XARD: Yes, all three MT4 versions running at once from the one RamDrive without any problems.
With the screen turned 90 degs, the charts will look much better.
i added the 4gb RamDrive to my boot up sequence and all I do is copy the three MT4 folders from my VAULT folder to the RamDrive.
Attachments

chris006 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:43 am I have been thinking of doing that.. Do you use different MT4 accounts for each instrument or is it one MT4 account on all for instances of MT4?
It's one MT4 account with 4 instances.

To install multiple instances just add a (x) at the end of the folder during installation

Example: “C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4 Terminal (1).
These users thanked the author jayjaytrader for the post (total 2):
Thales, chris006