Re: Moving Average indicators for MT4

mntiwana wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:56 pm 35 MA Squize MA Ed FLET color Mod nmc 1.1
Just one additional feature,it is user friendly by MLADEN

EURUSDH1.png

trend detection-1.png
Hello mrtools
its my first time posting here , can you change this indicator into a seperate window that if the yellow and white line are on the chart we get value one and if there is not we have value -1
or value 1 and 0
thanks alot for all your and your teams hard work

CloudyMG wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:03 am Hello mrtools
its my first time posting here , can you change this indicator into a seperate window that if the yellow and white line are on the chart we get value one and if there is not we have value -1
or value 1 and 0
thanks alot for all your and your teams hard work
Are you looking for a histogram type version? And could you share the indicator or link please.

mrtools wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:42 am Added an atr band option.
Hi Mr Tools,

Firstly, thank you for including the ATR bands around the indicator, really appreciate it.

The ATR bands doesnt seem to follow the original ATR calculation, as can be seen in the picture, the evwma ATR bands settings was set to 14 period at 1 ATR period multiplier - representing a normal ATR range.

However the ATR bands were displayed in the same distance from the moving average of about 91 pips throughout even after the 14 period ATR has changed at 58 pips as shown in the image. Furthermore, the ATR bands were repainting too.

Kindly seek your assistance in modifying the indicator for the ATR calculation and help is very much appreciated.

Thank you!

Verdox wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:30 pm Hi Mr Tools,

Firstly, thank you for including the ATR bands around the indicator, really appreciate it.

The ATR bands doesnt seem to follow the original ATR calculation, as can be seen in the picture, the evwma ATR bands settings was set to 14 period at 1 ATR period multiplier - representing a normal ATR range.

However the ATR bands were displayed in the same distance from the moving average of about 91 pips throughout even after the 14 period ATR has changed at 58 pips as shown in the image. Furthermore, the ATR bands were repainting too.

Kindly seek your assistance in modifying the indicator for the ATR calculation and help is very much appreciated.

Thank you!
First of all the bands don't repaint or please show some proof of them repainting, second the atr used was a pure atr,not the built in mt4 atr, so changed this one to the built in mt4 atr, which is uses a simple moving average of atr, the last one was more of a pure atr. There is very little difference in the 2 but there is a difference. Anyway this is the best I can do with this indicator. And to add the atr is added to the evwma calculation so it's kind of a atr of evwma so doubt you will get the same readings as the built in separate window atr.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 2):
alexm, 太虚一毫

mrtools wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:03 am Are you looking for a histogram type version? And could you share the indicator or link please.
hello mr tools , can you make this indicator a cross zero indicator please i want the indicator to show value 1 when there is a orange line on chart and show value -1 when there is no orange line on chart
the seperate window at bottom is made with paint to explain better what i need
hope you dont get irritated that i asked this of you alot , im working on an ea and need this indicator to be a cross zero indicator
im more than thanksfull for everything you've done up untill now and i'd be more thankful if you help me with this

CloudyMG wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:24 am hello mr tools , can you make this indicator a cross zero indicator please
example.png35 MA SquizeMA Ed FLET color Mod.mq4
i want the indicator to show value 1 when there is a orange line on chart and show value -1 when there is no orange line on chart
the seperate window at bottom is made with paint to explain better what i need
hope you dont get irritated that i asked this of you alot , im working on an ea and need this indicator to be a cross zero indicator
im more than thanksfull for everything you've done up untill now and i'd be more thankful if you help me with this
The squize ma is basically a ma cross with the atr trade/notrade zones, the best oscillator for a ma cross is good old MACD doubt if I will be able to build something better than that.