Re: MT4 prices error

chris006 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:45 am I wouldn't like to uninstall and reinstall as I have some mql5 indicators and doing that would mean losing a licence. Thinking of copying over the subfolders from another working installation but I suppose it will not be that simple.
Hi Chris, you won't lose your licenses if you've purchased them from the MQL5 market. You just have to re-download them and sign-in etc. :thumbup:

How is the price error issue going at the moment mate?
Important: The worst forex brokers of all time 👎

The problem still persists. The other PC with the same account has no problem. I will compare files between the 2 installations in order to overwrite the folders on the problematic installation with those from the PC that there is no problem.

@ Chu Chu : Are you 100% sure that uninstalling MT4 and reinstalling will not result in requiring new licenses for indicators purchased from mql5? It is the only MT4 installation on the PC.
ChuChu Rocket wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:27 pm Hi Chris, you won't lose your licenses if you've purchased them from the MQL5 market. You just have to re-download them and sign-in etc. :thumbup:

How is the price error issue going at the moment mate?

chris006 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:04 pm The problem still persists. The other PC with the same account has no problem. I will compare files between the 2 installations in order to overwrite the folders on the problematic installation with those from the PC that there is no problem.

@ Chu Chu : Are you 100% sure that uninstalling MT4 and reinstalling will not result in requiring new licenses for indicators purchased from mql5.com? It is the only MT4 installation on the PC.
Might be worth first trying a second mt4 install before wiping the current one and see if that makes a difference.
It's quite easy to do, haven't watched this video but was just the most recent 'how to' one on google.

If, after trying the above, you do want to uninstall the original mt4 then before proceding you will be asked if you want to 'delete personal data' as well, leave unchecked.
These users thanked the author Ogee for the post:
chris006

Thanks for the suggestion Ogee. Will try this route as well BEFORE uninstalling.

Ogee wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:31 pm Might be worth first trying a second mt4 install before wiping the current one and see if that makes a difference.
It's quite easy to do, haven't watched this video but was just the most recent 'how to' one on google.

If, after trying the above, you do want to uninstall the original mt4 then before proceding you will be asked if you want to 'delete personal data' as well, leave unchecked.

chris006 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:04 pm @ Chu Chu : Are you 100% sure that uninstalling MT4 and reinstalling will not result in requiring new licenses for indicators purchased from mql5? It is the only MT4 installation on the PC.
Yes 100% sure. It's not just a "one install and that's it" license. What would happen if users had to format their PC's or had a crash? :)
These users thanked the author ChuChu Rocket for the post:
chris006

Did a second installation, as Ogee suggested, on the same PC, and this 2nd installation is working fine. Indicators from mql5.com installing without additional licence requirement. Since 2nd installation is working OK, transferring templates and other indicators from problematic installation and all is working OK on 2nd installation. Original installation still has problem - leaving it alone to here without uninstalling. Will continue with usage of 2nd installation only.

Thanks for your input guys!

chris006 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:01 am Did a second installation, as Ogee suggested, on the same PC, and this 2nd installation is working fine. Indicators from mql5.com installing without additional licence requirement. Since 2nd installation is working OK, transferring templates and other indicators from problematic installation and all is working OK on 2nd installation. Original installation still has problem - leaving it alone to here without uninstalling. Will continue with usage of 2nd installation only.

Thanks for your input guys!
Ah, there you go. Good news my friend! :clap: