Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

xard777 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:21 pm During last week's trading I noticed a few flaws in the setup that I was able to correct (you are never going to be able to correct all the flaws due to my crappy coding and mt4 limitations) so I am posting this update so that we can all be on the same page (again, choose what you like and delete what you don't and save your template).
Enjoy
XARD777
Thanks xard ...
Why the errors with clock and borders...
cannot load both indicators manually also.
Attachments

Thales wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:42 pm

like that

Well that depends on your trading. I could turn the card around and say "both H4 and daily are in sell mode, only consider sell"

For me evaluating the 1h chart to trade on smaller timeframe is to time consuming I want a higher signal freequency and also a 15m buy signal when 1h buy is already in buy means we are closer to the swing high.
These users thanked the author Maffe for the post:
AlexBello

Maffe wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:12 pm

Well that depends on your trading. I could turn the card around and say "both H4 and daily are in sell mode, only consider sell"

For me evaluating the 1h chart to trade on smaller timeframe is to time consuming I want a higher signal freequency and also a 15m buy signal when 1h buy is already in buy means we are closer to the swing high.
Yeah its depend on your trading strat, but im not agree with the swing high, if u wait the second dot and/or the triangle in 15min u will be at the Higher Low of the 1H buy trend, like the trade of alexbello today

Thales wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:46 pm here an example

if i don't look the 1H TF bias and only the 15min (or 30 min) which is in sell mode

I would have taken 2 sell
one after the second dot (a loss), and the other one after the triangle (a win)

If a look the 1H bias (buy mode) i would have taken 2 buy after the 2 green dot = 2 win

its just probabilities ;)
if you follow the 1hr bias and the two green dot for the buy where would the tp and sl be ?

moey_dw wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:57 pm
Haha Crash Bandicoot. My childhood.
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Blin wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:01 pm
if you follow the 1hr bias and the two green dot for the buy where would the tp and sl be ?
We take the trade at the crossover of the trend lines, put the sl just below the trendlines or get out if the price crosses back in the other way

For the TP 2 solutions :

- A fixed amount of pips (like xard, he get out when he got his pips)
- A trailing stop

U can also get out when you see a perimeter dot

Thales wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:46 pm here an example

if i don't look the 1H TF bias and only the 15min (or 30 min) which is in sell mode

I would have taken 2 sell
one after the second dot (a loss), and the other one after the triangle (a win)

If a look the 1H bias (buy mode) i would have taken 2 buy after the 2 green dot = 2 win

its just probabilities ;)
so if i want to open a trade on TF 5, do i have to look at TF H1 also ? or TF15 is enough?

for example, if TF5 is a sell signal, at TF15 is a sell signal and at TF H1 is buy signal
what should i do ? buy only ?
hope you understand my bad english