Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

francisfinley stimpy wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:49 pm stocks still relentless buying parabolic.

ive told mates to take some decent profits. Cant be far off a correction now.
surely need to start a newsletter for this top quality content.
XARD: I can just see it...
Buy the Dip with Francis... Subscribe Now!!!
Get The Finley Dip delivered to your trading screen.
Be the First to never miss another Dip.
Sign me up Francis.
These users thanked the author francisfinley stimpy for the post (total 2):
aneek229, Juertes

sudhindragk wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:18 pm My first trade hit a loss. But i followed rules. Any feed back is welcome. This is US30/DOW.
You can Buy only above Daily open line. The price was below Daily open line.
xard777 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:42 pm Another Golden Nugget...
Xard777

We could not sell here in this particular case, as far as I understand. Because the main signal was pointing UP, it has changed later. Overall the system is very good, thanks.

On the 5m Price has crossed UP just above the Trend line and makes a Red Dot. The Red Dot is BELOW the Open line and Price crosses below the Trend line. At this point do you still think we are in an UP market? The 30m chart has Price DOWN below the Trend line and the Signal line. Do you still think we are going UP??
Xard777
These users thanked the author xard777 for the post (total 6):
AlexBello, Juertes, Andresito, pipalong, kowal81, Jedidiah
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

Here are some very useful scripts to calculate account percentage to risk on each trade.

Copy them to your scripts folder and restart MT4. Go to scripts in the navigator and right-click to select Set Hot Keys. I suggest setting Open Short to CTRL Z, Open Long to CTRL C and Prepare stops to CTRL X. Then to place a trade press CTRL X, 2 pink lines will appear on your chart, double click to move them to where you want SL and TP. Then either CTRL Z for a short trade or CTRL C for a long trade, you will get the option to change risk percentages etc. The script will calculate the lot size based on your risk percentage, stop-loss and open the position.

If you wish to place a pending order start by pressing CTRL X twice (3 times will cancel it) a dashed Magents line will appear, move it to where you want the order to enter. Either limit or on stop does not matter it will work it out. Set stops as above and place long or short order.

These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 11):
Jimmy, aneek229, happy_trader, stond, Juertes, Andresito, pipalong, rudiarius, Andres128, Sadgebrowne, Skyold
nil desperandum

xard777 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:49 am My apologies to everyone wishing changes made to indicators.
I will no longer be posting updated setups.

XARD777
Concerning "no longer posting updates".. Please reconsider.
"My original goal was to produce a simple setup that everyone can use and make consistent pip$ from.
I believe I have now fulfilled that goal
." Yes you have.

Each update is always better than the former. Once in a while you can posts your developments. No need attending to the requests of those who wont follow your lead.. I see how they always ask for this feature and that feature... it's not that I do not have a request to make also, but I choose to follow the architect of the system, as you know best.

Below, you'll see a compounding test I'm running with your system, scalping 20pips off XAUUSD from M1. I've been able to grow 1000usc to 43000usc in barely 2 weeks, and you last update is flawless.

So please, do not stop the updates, I implore you.

Regards,
Maroka

XARD: Hi Maroka, You are making my case for me, the update is working, no need to tinker with it anymore.
That said, what we all need to do is come together to create better ways (consistent ways) to extract our Pip$ using the working setup that we have.
At long last we have created our light bulb, time to make it shine.
Xard777
Maroka, when you finally hit your 100000usc target , please print the rules that you used to acheive this.
Rules that worked in 1m can work in other TFs
Attachments
These users thanked the author maroka for the post (total 5):
XXXX, gamerredd, stond, AlexBello, Paddygir