Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

To be honest I think FX4 is pitch perfect, but that is just my biased opinion :-)
That is me finished early today, hit my 20%, no need to be greedy.
Have a happy lockdown
Beer, Beer, Beer, and Movie time Woohoo!
Xard777
Attachments
These users thanked the author xard777 for the post (total 11):
swelzfc, thomdel, Yuri_I, Skyold, DVanAssen, pi_369, kvak, Narkarn, Juertes, Jedidiah, StuartWong
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

xard777 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:54 am To be honest I think FX4 is pitch perfect, but that is just my biased opinion :-)
That is me finished early today, hit my 20%, no need to be greedy.
Have a happy lockdown
Beer, Beer, Beer, and Movie time Woohoo!
Xard777
But how can I resist to open a short from 3820 to 3750 only because the background is blue?
Timing is all

Quando tutto sembrava perduto ho guardato in faccia la sconfitta e ho trovato la speranza

xard777 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:54 am To be honest I think FX4 is pitch perfect, but that is just my biased opinion :-)
Xard777
Compare the two: FX2 vs FX4
which background was more helpful today?
Forgive the colouring!

XARD: I think FX4 is doing a better job at keeping us out of a volatile US session

Update after Xard's message: I think you are right - considering the somewhat unpredictable moves we see these days (take gold today). In the long run it is better (because more systematic) to follow the rules - even if that means that you cannot take some (theoretically, i. e. in hindsight) good trades (if they are countertrend).
Besides, you only need one or two good trades per day, really.
Besides, if you are risk-prone you may take them anyway.
Attachments
These users thanked the author josi for the post (total 4):
xard777, tuann2, RomanUkraine, StuartWong

josi wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:54 pm
You seem angry and want to complain to someone. OK, I get that. It doesn't alter the fact: Simplifications never work (in the long run).
As I said: Look at the trade that was suggested (GBPJPY) - if you wanted to trade it you could with ONE valid interpretation:
You simply had to look at the higher TF (candles there closed above both MAs - so directional bias was up)
If this is too much to ask of a trader then it can't be helped.
As I said: The second dot in an uptrend is a different one from the one in a downtrend. So you can choose the correct one AFTER you know what your directional bias is.
As I said: sometimes a situation is unclear. That simply means you don't take any trades until the situation is clear.
Either you take this information in or you don't.
Do you know any other area of life where you can make (a lot of) money without any knowledge whatsoever? Well, if you don't that simply tells you that trading is part of this life - no pain, no gain.
I wish you the best.
I'm not angry I'm happy. As I said I'm using the system with success (thanks for the author), but sometimes there are situations when there is a confusion and noone knows the what need to do in those situations. Everybody understands what need to do when there is a nice trend. Wish the best to you too.
These users thanked the author normannasty for the post:
josi