Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

sashadeol wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:10 pm Is this a Short?
am I reading the chart correctly?

GJ.png
Strange in FX4 it does not show the candle as short.

Am I reading it incorrect?
XARD: In real time the candle would have been Pink coming down but as the Blue Dot was made it is now greyed out until the next 2nd Blue Dot appears. In theory price is moving up from the Blue Dot so it will be greyed out so as not to trade against the down bias. Also, if price continues to go up and passes the Square then the greyed out candles would redraw blue as the trend would be continuing up.

josi wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:18 pm
Forgive the colouring!
If price moves from bottom left to top right (on your screen): how can this be a short (yet)?
Besides, the EMA 36 still moves upwards (overall) - meaning you have higher lows...
Because there is a little red second dot after the pink square. So it can be short why not. This is the problem. Someone think it can be a short someone think its cannot bve.

normannasty wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:31 pm Because there is a little red second dot after the pink square. So it can be short why not. This is the problem. Someone think it can be a short someone think its cannot bve.
Maybe you need to spend more time thinking about the system - in an uptrend you don't short after a red dot (higher high); instead you buy after a green dot (higher low).
Update: repainting - now you can see that the square has changed position (so - had you bought after the last higher low you would have made money).

ImpLaNT wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:12 pm

It's an interesting idea to paint the background according to the older zigzag. This forces the trader to open positions in the right direction on a psychological level. Naturally, we need to understand that changing the background color in this case is only a warning about a possible change in direction for newly opened positions in the near future, not in any way a guide to immediate action (by analogy with semaphores).
I would like to offer Xard some addition from myself related to background coloring. In my opinion, it would be more logical if the areas between the intermediate arrows were not painted, or painted gray, thereby telling the trader that it is better to refrain from trading at all in these areas.

Screenshot_205.png

Screenshot_206.png
I would like to add a little bit of my contribution to this idea, if I may? :oops: As if change the 2nd wave in a simple grey does still not right. What it would be useful is to allow user select colour options, such as light blue/red(?) to indicator the trend still up, but possibly changing trend? Don't know. Just a thought. So far, Master Xard came up with this genius idea helped so many traders who are struggling make a living in fx market! I still like the FX2 update best.

josi wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:36 pm
Maybe you need to spend more time thinking about the system - in an uptrend you don't short after a red dot (higher high); instead you buy after a green dot (higher low).
Update: repainting - now you can see that the square has changed position (so - had you bought after the last higher low you would have made money).
I spent so many times believe me.
I cutted the picture if you see that why you cannot think short? Background red, ema cross down we are after 2nd dot. So why not? what shows definitely that I need to onyl think about long if I have more sign for a short?
Attachments