IdeaRe: Convert MT5 indicators to MT4

ChuChu Rocket wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:04 pm
It's used to determine the strength of the trend. Once it's broken, the trend is 100% locked in and confirmed. This is a good signal to enter.

It's like how some traders add a 20 line to the ADX to determine volatility. But what is good about the line on the itrend is that it's sort of Dynamic, as it adjusts itself, and is not just a flat line added :)

Would be good to hear an answer from Mrtools about it, too, in case I have missed something.
Yeah it works pretty much how you described. Awhile back while testing EA's and manually trading with the iTrend and price channel stop(PCS) it was determined that after crossing certain levels and in agreement with the PCS it was very profitable.

What was used was a look back period determining the maximun of Itend indicator highs/lows and multiplying by the level factor. This value was done manually at first, then worked on automating the process but never got it quite right, asked Mladen if he could help and in a very short time he fixed it to what it is now.

At the time the level factor was .283 for most pairs but that was a long time ago, so I'm sure it probably needs adjusting.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 3):
Jimmy, josi, ChuChu Rocket

Re: Convert MT5 indicators to MT4

mrtools wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:34 am

Yeah it works pretty much how you described. Awhile back while testing EA's and manually trading with the iTrend and price channel stop(PCS) it was determined that after crossing certain levels and in agreement with the PCS it was very profitable. What was used was a look back period determining the maximun of Itend indicator highs/lows and multiplying by the level factor. This value was done manually at first, then worked on automating the process but never got it quite right, asked Mladen if he could help and in a very short time he fixed it to what it is now. At the time the level factor was .283 for most pairs but that was a long time ago, so I'm sure it probably needs adjusting.
It's still gave more than good for me till now, but I add more complicated this system with I use the ichimoku simple strategy to determine the Trend and Demarktrendline for target that explains great by linuxser on his advanced trading system. Yes that will not 100% always right but That's making me confidence with the market. all I got from TSD before get bought by...
Thank you guys
These users thanked the author Eka for the post:
ChuChu Rocket

Eka wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:51 pm
It's still gave more than good for me till now, but I add more complicated this system with I use the ichimoku simple strategy to determine the Trend and Demarktrendline for target that explains great by linuxser on his advanced trading system. Yes that will not 100% always right but That's making me confidence with the market. all I got from TSD before get bought by...
Thank you guys
Hello dear all,
what about trying with factor 0.142(twice less than 0.283) for the indicator ITREND AVERAGES from the coder Mrtools.In my humble opinion the line moves a little bit down and gives more options for entering into trades.
Did you try and found any other factor,different from 0.283 which gives good results??

Kenrobert1 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:47 am Hello great, Mrtools. How you have helped so many of us. Thank you so much. I came across this indicator and it worked amazing things like the ATR stops average and in some cases better. Please do help me convert it to mt5. Thank you again and again.
Looking at them can't guarantee I will be able to convert them, but looking at the code looks like a sorta step atr stops.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
Kenrobert1