Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

xard777 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:00 am As I use the Semafors for direction I have been looking at simply using just the 9 EMA signal line for trading. I think the combination of Semafor and Signal line is enough for intraday entry/exit position in the market on the 15m charts plus I have also attached the background to the 9 EMA signal line. I am basing this on trading the Indices (Dow30, SP500, and HK50). Xard777
Well, if you look at the SP500 H4 just now - you can see really nicely how EMA 9 and EMA 36 are a perfect pair to visualize price movemenet (+ support & resistance).
So - I think - it would be a real shame to stop using EMA 36 (but it could also be represented in the VQ-subwindow to show directional bias - as VQ - as of now - only reflects MAs).
But, of course, you're the mastermind here - and we have to follow your ideas.

XARD: I understand that, that is why I said that I would post both 9/36 EMA on the chart.
Attachments
These users thanked the author josi for the post (total 2):
Yuri_I, Narkarn

chris006 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:19 am I tried connecting my laptop to an UHD TV like that, but I only get resolution that I think is 1920 x 1080. Although the laptop screen is 1920 x 1080 resolution, I would think that the graphics card is able to go higher with 4GB of memory.
I am not clear in this area of laptop screen resolution vs TV screen resolution. Anybody clear on what is needed to run the TV at higher resolution than the resolution the laptop screen can achieve?

If the maximum resolution of the graphics card is lower than the native resolution of the monitor, the operating system will have to apply the lower resolution as the current setting. The consequence of this fact is that the image fed by the graphics card is stretched to cover the entire monitor surface. The image will be of similar quality as if you were stretching a small photo to full screen.
If the maximum resolution of the card is greater than that of the monitor, the system will not allow you to set it.

stond
These users thanked the author stond for the post:
chris006

Update...

Two templates enclosed with this update:-
FX1 template draws the background off the ZZ2 line & the VQ off the EMA 36
FX2 template draws the background off the EMA 9/36 & the VQ off the EMA 9
ZZ1 & ZZ2 lines draw the same in 5m, 15m, & 30m TFs
The ADR indy has been simplified.

Once a template has been selected you may have to change the TF back and forth to show the chart correctly.
If the VQ is showing only red line then right mouse click and refresh the chart.
Enjoy!
Xard777
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

xard777 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:59 am Update...

Once a template has been selected you may have to change the TF back and forth to show the chart correctly.
If the VQ is showing only red line then right mouse click and refresh the chart.
Enjoy!
Xard777
God bless you Xard
Just wanted to ask how to we use those black channels on this new update?
Thank you

Enjoy!
Xard777
I don't know why but my mureey math levels are nos showing also the adr and fib levels
Attachments

Enjoy!
Xard777
I love the excel sheet. Thanks Xard
These users thanked the author maroka for the post (total 2):
xard777, stond

Enjoy!
Xard777
Very clear thanks Xard.

stond wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:05 am Someone wrote that you cannot sell. Just buy one day. Kill any account. Driving the wrong way is not good.
This is a demo account made for fun.

stond
I was waiting for someone to say this...

If anyone wants to revisit what happened since I said that 17th January, up to yesterday - feel free.
If you followed what I said - buy the dips, you made a lot of money.

I pointed out that its empirical studies stating not to short - the market is and has been in a super bull buy since 2008.
If you are here and you are not trading the prevailing trend - then why are you here?

There is absolutely no way anyone on this thread knows when this bull run will come to an end. MT4 and anything within it won't tell you.

Not sure what the point of your post is...
If you are trying to be smart, stating not to buy on a clear down day - then well done.