Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Sorry that I have not posted lately, I have been busy researching buying components for a new base unit. Decided to go AMD instead of Intel, think I will opt for a Ryzen 7 3700x with 32gb ddr4 and a 500gb SSD along with a 2tb HD for backup and storage. Can't decide on 4gb 128bit or 4gb 256bit graphics card (I do not think it will make any difference to my trading).

I had a look at linux Feren OS which is really nice for mac and window users who wish to transition to linux but in the end I think I will go with the latest version of linux Mint 20.1 Ulyssa Xfce edition. The motherboard arrived today, the Mini ATX Case and 750w psu should arrive tomorrow. No doubt I will order the graphics card and processor over the weekend. When complete I will set it up with a 4gb Ramdrive to run MT4 from, should be sweet.

I have also been busy looking at the different TFs to trade from (Daily all the way down to 1m including 2m & 3m renko). After spending weeks looking at all the different TFs I still keep coming back to 15m TF as the goldilocks chart for trading. As I use the Semafors for direction I have been looking at simply using just the 9 EMA signal line for trading. I think the combination of Semafor and Signal line is enough for intraday entry/exit position in the market on the 15m charts plus I have also attached the background to the 9 EMA signal line. I am basing this on trading the Indices (Dow30, SP500, and HK50). Anyway, I enclose a screenshot of what I am talking about for your perusal.

Don't worry, come the weekend I will post a version which uses the EMA 9/36 with the background set to the semafor (72) as I know a lot of people have been asking for that one.
All the best
Xard777
Attachments
These users thanked the author xard777 for the post (total 17):
stond, Jimmy, Skyold, oskar656, Merylfx, Castle73, Narkarn, flandria, kowal81, DVanAssen, Mustafa, thomdel, Yuri_I, rudiarius, pipalong, Jedidiah, StuartWong
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

I tried connecting my laptop to an UHD TV like that, but I only get resolution that I think is 1920 x 1080. Although the laptop screen is 1920 x 1080 resolution, I would think that the graphics card is able to go higher with 4GB of memory.
I am not clear in this area of laptop screen resolution vs TV screen resolution. Anybody clear on what is needed to run the TV at higher resolution than the resolution the laptop screen can achieve?

LittleCaro wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:04 am Hello Xard, do not neglect a good graphic card, if you want to add several monitors !

XARD: I currently use an LG 65" UHD TV, if I were to use another I think I would have to get one of those tables that you see in the Apple store.