Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

Hi MrTools, good evening Everybody,

This is a very nice and simple indicator, exactly just with the right information need. It is any chance to extend the length of this indicator until the end of the window to fit all information to the right column?.. its look like the indicator made for 4 digit broker... also possible to add weekly and monthly candle color?.. or maybe somebody already has an updated version of this indicator and can share with me, please.

Thanks a lot.
Balazs

balazs wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:10 am Hi MrTools, good evening Everybody,

This is a very nice and simple indicator, exactly just with the right information need. It is any chance to extend the length of this indicator until the end of the window to fit all information to the right column?.. its look like the indicator made for 4 digit broker... also possible to add weekly and monthly candle color?.. or maybe somebody already has an updated version of this indicator and can share with me, please.

Thanks a lot.
Balazs
Maybe you will be able to use this version.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
pipsquirrel

chris006 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:49 am Your strategy describes entry points. Since your main reason for automating this is because you will not be in front of the pc all the time, you would need automated Take Profit and Stop Loss. What is your idea for these? Your automated trading system will not be complete without these 2 components.

One further point, I see grey areas in you strategy, "if" and "might". For the EA automation you would need to be precise, black or white only, no area for non-mandatory conditions.

Hello,
Yes. I wrote it with If/Then statements. I'm working on a better solution that includes Bollinger Bands and Stochastic so that it is more precise:

Works best on 5-minute chart. Could work on 30-minute chart or above.
SHORT: Upper/overbought BB+STOCH & MACD1 & MACD2 cross below Signal above 0 and ADX over 20 and -DI over 20 and crossed +DI. PSAR above price.
GO LONG: Lower/oversold BB+STOCH & MACD1 & MACD2 cross above Signal below 0 and ADX over 20 and +DI over 20 and crossed -DI. PSAR below price.

I'm fine with TP and SL. I figured an alert would be OK (like an email to my phone) with arrows since I can then check the conditions quickly. TP is always 10 pips (100 pipettes) [or 5 pips (50 pipettes) if 2 orders are placed instead of one]. SL is dependent on currency pair since each has a spread. Ideally 4-5 pips [40-50 pipettes].

All the best, and thank you for responding!

lain7123 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:39 am Could someone explain me how this volatility indicator works? I don´t know how to use it, the green and red line cross and the blue line coming out what does it do?
kayakkal volt.png
Kayakkal_normalized_volatility(Bullforyou.com).mq4
It looks like a normalized Atr with 2 moving averages of the atr. Looks like the indicator was originally from Mladen, and renamed but not sure how much was done by Mladen.