Re: VQ - Volatility Quality Indicators MT4

Darks wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:13 pm Just a little experimental stuff. Here's a Random walk index indicator that is using absolute error instead of High low range to construct the index. The results are different but good or bad that would require testing. It produces some big spikes(maybe root squaring values can also prevent that) so a maximum level is set to prevent display issue. As said it's just an experiment an can be improved by mathematical thinkers.

Interesting work. Just curious, what's the meaning (or definition) of "absolute error"??

Had to try this combination. This one is combining two different Mladen indicators and applying Nema method to Volatility quality zero line.

Darks wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:05 am Had to try this combination. This one is combining two different Mladen indicators and applying Nema method to Volatility quality zero line.
I've been watching this code do it's thing today and it's bang on for 4H trend trading. Even on the Hourly chart it picks up trend continuations before it considers crossing the Zero line :Shocked:

What an idea! Thank you Darks.
Has any one else observed this? Try it out guys, any feedback about this code would be appreciated as I think Darks is onto something great.
Attachments
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 6):
moey_dw, Darks, Mundu19, Dego, talaate, stereotomy
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

karabogerald wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:51 pm
I find that my best settings on Oil and Most is:
PriceSmoothing: 9
PriceSmoothingMethod: Linear
MA1: 9
MA2: 9
Filter: 9
Really? - I already posted somewhere above that the indie (histo + normal version) doesn't work on oil (BRN).
Now - I tried your input, of course - have a look at it - revealing in many ways. Enjoy!
P.S.: Why would you want to enter the same value for MA1 and MA2, unless MA2 doesn't really exist in the histo-version?
Attachments
These users thanked the author josi for the post:
pipsquirrel