Re: Step Indicators for MT4

mwaschkowski wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:32 am As well, I just did another test with "step one more average 2.3 mtf" and it worked fine in both H4 and H1 timeframes, always matched.

stepOne.png

When you get a chance could you check this one, the repainting issue should be solved, Thanks!
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 5):
ChuChu Rocket, mwaschkowski, alexm, RodrigoRT7, 太虚一毫

Hi MrTools,

Happy Holidays.

I just tested your update its almost there. It fixed the two issues I noticed so I went and checked the last 6 months. I found two other issues, not sure if they were there previously or not.

Testing on the H1 TF with default parameters for the indicator except that I changed the TF to 4hr.

Nov 24, 2020 Aug 7, 2020 Please let me know if there is anything else I can do!

Thank you,

Mark
mrtools wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:34 am

When you get a chance could you check this one, the repainting issue should be solved, Thanks!
Attachments

friday13 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:59 am Hi, any chance to repost the indicator? When using it I keep getting this message (attached)
Thanks!
StepMA message.png
No need to repost. Make sure the indicator's file name stays the same. If you're using Firefox, please read this: Firefox bug renaming files.
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Jimmy wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:34 am

No need to repost. Make sure the indicator's file name stays the same. If you're using Firefox, please read this: Firefox bug renaming files.
But it is the same, and I am using Chrome, verified the name here in the post is the same as I used it (look at the message also, same file name),
Basically I would love to understand why insert this limitation in the indicator in the first place.

What could be the problem with what I do? By the way, I'm using it inside an EA, not as a resource, but with iCustom.
Edit:
I forgot to mention the post where I found it, I was sure I quoted it:
viewtopic.php?p=1295419161#p1295419161

Thank you!

friday13 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:05 am

But it is the same, and I am using Chrome, verified the name here in the post is the same as I used it (look at the message also, same file name),
Basically I would love to understand why insert this limitation in the indicator in the first place.

What could be the problem with what I do? By the way, I'm using it inside an EA, not as a resource, but with iCustom.
Edit:
I forgot to mention the post where I found it, I was sure I quoted it:
viewtopic.php?p=1295419161#p1295419161

Thank you!
That protection is there because sometimes people will download the file and sell it as their own, hopefully this slows that down, might want to check your iCustom call in your EA.

mrtools wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:58 am

That protection is there because sometimes people will download the file and sell it as their own, hopefully this slows that down, might want to check your iCustom call in your EA.
H again,

What do you mean "might want to check the iCustom call"? It is quite a vague suggestion to me.
If it doesn't return an error, then it reads the indicator correctly, but for some reason the indicator returns these messages printed in the log file.
I'm a programmer for 12 years, I know MQL4 very well, but if this indicator perhaps calls on itself while running, then maybe the coding of it is incorrect, so it cannot be used in an EA.
If it only checks for its name, then the method to check the name should be changed, if you use WindowExpertName() it is not good, you should be reading it as suggested in the last part of this link:
https://docs.mql4.com/runtime/resources

Isn't there anyone who experienced the same issue I have? I sent my EA to another person, with the link to this website, and he received the same result, the buffers cannot be read in the EA, and these messages are printed over and over again.
Please help me figure it out, if you used it in an EA, then share how you used it, this is the first time I encounter such an issue and this name protection type.

friday13 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:07 pm

H again,

What do you mean "might want to check the iCustom call"? It is quite a vague suggestion to me.
If it doesn't return an error, then it reads the indicator correctly, but for some reason the indicator returns these messages printed in the log file.
I'm a programmer for 12 years, I know MQL4 very well, but if this indicator perhaps calls on itself while running, then maybe the coding of it is incorrect, so it cannot be used in an EA.
If it only checks for its name, then the method to check the name should be changed, if you use WindowExpertName() it is not good, you should be reading it as suggested in the last part of this link:
https://docs.mql4.com/runtime/resources

Isn't there anyone who experienced the same issue I have? I sent my EA to another person, with the link to this website, and he received the same result, the buffers cannot be read in the EA, and these messages are printed over and over again.
Please help me figure it out, if you used it in an EA, then share how you used it, this is the first time I encounter such an issue and this name protection type.
Apologize didn't realize you had that much coding experience.
This is using a newer renaming protection hopefully it will work better in your EA after that not sure what else to do, not sure how you are calling it but if your using the trend buffer it is buffer #4.

mrtools wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:41 pm

Apologize didn't realize you had that much coding experience.
This is using a newer renaming protection hopefully it will work better in your EA after that not sure what else to do, not sure how you are calling it but if your using the trend buffer it is buffer #4.
Great! Thank you, this one works perfectly.