Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Cladi39 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:45 am

Why you dont wait for 2º dor in this trade Xard? and the VQ is not in synchrony
I know, that's for Xard to answer......my 3 Cents..... the logic is, to make a Second dot, it needs a first Dot prior to it..... :D :D :D
Seriously, after such a long move, the price can be expected to retrace to a level where it finds new buyers. The exhaustion happened at the daily open, and as you can see, a Doji at the top documents that indicates that too. Pretty safe trade in my eyes. If you scale down to the 5m or even 1 m it might be clearer to see. I always place my trades on the 1m to avoid surprises and secondly get the cheapest SL.
These users thanked the author RplusT for the post:
traderokey

francisfinley stimpy wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:52 am Simply put;
FX goes up and down.
US stocks go up - it's a long term bull market, don't bother shorting it - i have said many times here it is pointless - empirical evidence backs it up. Just BTFD.
Simply put mostly means too simply put.
While what you say may well be true for an investor (trading the daily, weekly, monthly TFs)
it is not so for day traders (M1-H4 TFs). How do I know this? Well, just look at the charts in front of you. They go up and down, sometimes extremely so, don't they? Just look at US100 H1 yesterday.
This can be experienced all the time: Whenever people make general assertions about market behaviour but don't start by saying which TF they are talking about the assertions can't be taken seriously (regardless of how valid they might or might not be for the trader saying it).
These users thanked the author josi for the post:
Erebøs_X

josi wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:02 pm
Simply put mostly means too simply put.
While what you say may well be true for an investor (trading the daily, weekly, monthly TFs)
it is not so for day traders (M1-H4 TFs). How do I know this? Well, just look at the charts in front of you. They go up and down, sometimes extremely so, don't they? Just look at US100 H1 yesterday.
This can be experienced all the time: Whenever people make general assertions about market behaviour but don't start by saying which TF they are talking about the assertions can't be taken seriously (regardless of how valid they might or might not be for the trader saying it).
I love forums - "MT4 default is green and black" - 'NO IT ISN'T!'

Shorting US stocks is pointless - it is proven empirical evidence - google it.
You are fighting a long term bull market - why would you try to tell someone who is new to trading to short that?

Don't try and confuse my seriously good advice please - BTFD is a thing for a reason.
Check out why people have made hundreds of K/millions on option lottos etc in stocks.
Check out why day traders only lose - again supported by multiple empirical studies.

FYI - don't need a response.
Google will advise you clearly on all of this.

francisfinley stimpy wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:32 pm FYI - don't need a response.
Google will advise you clearly on all of this.
Repeating what you already asserted doesn't make it any more convincing.
I don't tell anybody to do anything (I don't give advice), I want people to think (for themselves).
Empirical evidence:
Look at US100, US500, WS30 etc yesterday, H1.
Everybody can see that yesterday one should have been short (actually, that's why so many were short yesterday - except maybe you.)
You say; don't shorten ever; I give one example which shows clearly your axiom isn't true. Popper calls this falsification.
As I said: long term (investing) is a totally different matter.
But as your answer clearly showed, you don't differentiate between M1 and D1.
Point being: if your daily chart on US500 looked like the the M15 chart (yesterday) we would talk about a major crash - but we don't - it's the timeframe...
But that's why you LOVE your forum...

Well, probably, if one confuses day trading with long term investment. As a day trader I'm very well aware what's the medium and long term trend. But I don't keep any trades over night and secondly I trade what I see. Thus, yesterday's New Year gift, the 700 points move of the US30 to the South I take any time as a counter trade. It made roughly 7K after all.
Xard's chart shouted "SELL, SELL, SELL...." on the 5m.....for those who use it... :D :D
Want to be traders lose for many reason.....It's pretty much superfluous to pick out just a few of those reasons.

Besides, that Bull market has erased half of the gains in Dec.2018 and all in Feb/March 2020. It bankrupted quite a few people and of course the Banks got bailed out. Thus don't get deceived, it's not all gold that shines. Tomorrow it may already look different and thus as for me, I stick to day trading.
These users thanked the author RplusT for the post (total 3):
maroka, josi, Boobligoom