Re: MACD indicators for MT4

PatrickZing wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:52 am Marvelous Job Mr. Tools Marvelous Job Mr Mladen. Guys I am winning because of using your indicator. Thank you so so much. I was just looking for new macd and here I find it.

Cheers
Patrick
which macd??? can u share ur success setting........... to help others
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈

Jimmy wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:25 pm

Incredible! Thanks for joining and posting this very interesting indicator, I love this. I like how it has the look of the Bollinger Band Squeeze. Any chance a future update will allow us to adjust the widths? I don't want to tamper with your code :razz:

PS: Your choice of colors are also very cool!
I'm glad you enjoyed it. BTW yeah the look of this indicator is actually inspired by the BB Squeeze indicator. By adjusting the widths you mean the widths of the dots & the bar?

Edited: Added options to bulk adjust the widths of both the bars and the dots. Now also include a limit bar options so that it won't freeze your MT4 if you have too much historical data. (Forgot to include this option in the first upload)

khtauon wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:07 am I'm glad you enjoyed it. BTW yeah the look of this indicator is actually inspired by the BB Squeeze indicator. By adjusting the widths you mean the widths of the dots & the bar?

Edited: Added options to bulk adjust the widths of both the bars and the dots. Now also include a limit bar options so that it won't freeze your MT4 if you have too much historical data. (Forgot to include this option in the first upload)
MACD_Momentum_&_Trend_Index_1.03.mq4
You've just made a great indicator even better. Kudos to your very neat code and a big thanks to you for sharing this here and updating it :hug:
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post:
Jedidiah
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

khtauon wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:07 am

I'm glad you enjoyed it. BTW yeah the look of this indicator is actually inspired by the BB Squeeze indicator. By adjusting the widths you mean the widths of the dots & the bar?

MACD MTI2.jpg

MACD_Momentum_&_Trend_Index_1.03.mq4
Instead of limiting the number of calculated bars, change line 287 from this :
return(0);

to this
return(rates_total);

Right now with default settings, the indicator will calculate 4000 bars on each tick and I doubt that it will beat the 1 calculated bar on a new tick when that line is changed
Also 5 out of 6 loops is not needed - one single loop will do all the work
These users thanked the author mladen for the post (total 9):
Jimmy, pipsquirrel, Daim2574, moey_dw, khtauon, FXchaos, Skyold, mosiskv, myrelax82

mladen wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:38 am Instead of limiting the number of calculated bars, change line 287 from this :
return(0);

to this
return(rates_total);

Right now with default settings, the indicator will calculate 4000 bars on each tick and I doubt that it will beat the 1 calculated bar on a new tick when that line is changed
Also 5 out of 6 loops is not needed - one single loop will do all the work
Really appreciate the feedback! This is part of my reason I decided to post here so that I could get more advice on my coding.

Here's the latest version where I followed your suggestion & made the code a bit cleaner:

These users thanked the author khtauon for the post (total 15):
rudiarius, Jimmy, meda, mosiskv, vvFish, Jagel, taipan, pipsquirrel, AlexBello, myrelax82, Thangarasu, Jedidiah, yoake, Chickenspicy, fibo7818

Cladi39 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:33 am
sure bro
I am using macd Nrp with the setting 5 8 3
why 5 8 3 cause when ever macd cross 0 line it is powerful in 4 hour
If it cross up in 4 hour you looking to buy
do go back to 30 minutes time frame look for buying signal in macd
Do use moving average 200 in 30 minutes for trend filtering as well
As same for sell setup
When ever macd cross 0 line in from above to below in 4 hour
go back to 30 minutes time frame look for selling signal in macd
alright any doubt do ask bro
I wish you good luck in trading and happy new year to you all
Please stay safe and enjoy trading
Cheers
These users thanked the author PatrickZing for the post (total 3):
Jimmy, moey_dw, mosiskv

PatrickZing wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:01 pm

sure bro
I am using macd Nrp with the setting 5 8 3
why 5 8 3 cause when ever macd cross 0 line it is powerful in 4 hour

Do use moving average 200 in 30 minutes for trend filtering as well
As same for sell setup
When ever macd cross 0 line in from above to below in 4 hour
go back to 30 minutes time frame look for selling signal in macd
alright any doubt do ask bro
I wish you good luck in trading and happy new year to you all
Please stay safe and enjoy trading
Cheers
dis is great................ thx for sharing u entry technique it is so important

very good knowledge.......... :) :) :)
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈

khtauon wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:44 am

Really appreciate the feedback! This is part of my reason I decided to post here so that I could get more advice on my coding.

Here's the latest version where I followed your suggestion & made the code a bit cleaner:

MACD_Momentum_&_Trend_Index_1.031.mq4
Please
When you state thing like "my coding" you should state the origin of the code too
I know that igorad is not posting on this forum, but when you use his code and ad a couple of lines, it, at the least, should be appropriate that you mention whose code actually you are posting
These users thanked the author mladen for the post (total 3):
josi, Thangarasu, pipsquirrel