IndicatorRe: MACD indicators for MT4

Hi everyone. Just joined this site yesterday, so I guess I will start by contributing one of the MACD indicators I created called MACD Momentum & Trend Index.

It's an idea that I had came up with when I just started to learn coding and studying indicators. The idea is to measure the momentum of MACD while simultaneously monitor the direction of the trend for better entry. Nevertheless, there’s no one recommended way to use this indicator -- it can be a trend or a counter-trend indicator depending on the settings you used.
The indicator has 2 types of display mode: “Momentum” mode (top sub-window in the pic) and “Trend” mode (bottom one in the pic). The "trend" mode is basically normal MACD with customizable MA options and applied price for the slow MA, fast MA and filter line. The moving averages are adapted from the AllAverages v4.9 indicator made by igorad, which I also added some extra MAs so that there's more options to choose from.

The bars represent the value of normal MACD or MACD momentum depending on the mode you used. The bars will automatically change colors once the value crossed up or down the filter line, so no need to do manual checking especially when the value is very close to filter line. The dots at the zero line represent the direction of MACD (for Momentum mode) or MACD momentum (for Trend mode). The color of to dots will change depending on whether the trend/momentum is upward/downward and strengthening/weakening.

Re: MACD indicators for MT4

khtauon wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:32 pm Hi everyone. Just joined this site yesterday, so I guess I will start by contributing one of the MACD indicators I created called MACD Momentum & Trend Index.
Incredible! Thanks for joining and posting this very interesting indicator, I love this. I like how it has the look of the Bollinger Band Squeeze. Any chance a future update will allow us to adjust the widths? I don't want to tamper with your code :razz:

PS: Your choice of colors are also very cool!
Attachments
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 2):
moey_dw, Jedidiah
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Re: MACD indicators for MT4

khtauon wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:32 pm Hi everyone. Just joined this site yesterday, so I guess I will start by contributing one of the MACD indicators I created called MACD Momentum & Trend Index.
DUDE THAT IS SWEET................ WELCOME :In Love: :In Love: :In Love:
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈