NO LINKS, SOURCE CODE REQUESTS OR MODIFICATION OF DECOMPILED INDICATORS. To avoid post deletion please follow the rules.

Re: Velocity, Momentum & ROC Indicators for MT4

mrtools wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:07 am
This is the smoothed momentum with floating levels, alerts, and mtf.
Hi MrTools!

I'm loving this momentum tool, its brilliant for finding entries/exits!

Would you mind letting me know what the enum is for the 'Color change on' parameter please?

Really appreciate it!

Mark

mwaschkowski wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:58 am
mrtools wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:07 am
This is the smoothed momentum with floating levels, alerts, and mtf.
Hi MrTools!

Would you mind letting me know what the enum is for the 'Color change on' parameter please?

Really appreciate it!

Mark
This?

Code: Select all

enum  enColorOn
      {
         cc_onSlope,                                         // Change color on slope change
         cc_onMiddle,                                        // Change color on middle line cross
         cc_onLevels                                         // Change color on outer levels cross
      };
input enColorOn          ColorOn         = cc_onSlope;       // Color change on :

mrtools wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:17 am
mwaschkowski wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:58 am

Hi MrTools!

Really appreciate it!

Mark
This?

enum  enColorOn
      {
         cc_onSlope,                                         // Change color on slope change
         cc_onMiddle,                                        // Change color on middle line cross
         cc_onLevels                                         // Change color on outer levels cross
      };
input enColorOn          ColorOn         = cc_onSlope;       // Color change on :
Yes, fabulous, thanks very much!

Mark

I have had an idea concerning Mladen's Smoothed Momentum indicator (once again haha).
I don't know if this would be a possible modification but if it is I think it could provide a new way to look at and use the indicator.
The modification I suggest is for there to be a colour change on INNER levels cross option.

Thank you for taking the time to read :)
smoothed momentum (mtf + alerts).ex4
(54.33 KiB) Downloaded 95 times

Ewan.M01 wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:00 am
I have had an idea concerning Mladen's Smoothed Momentum indicator (once again haha).
I don't know if this would be a possible modification but if it is I think it could provide a new way to look at and use the indicator.
The modification I suggest is for there to be a colour change on INNER levels cross option.

On this version I have, the only inner level i have is the middle line, but think I'm not understanding what you're looking for.

PS: For the Histogram version of this indicator, please see: Smoothed Momentum Histogram indicator for MT4
smoothed momentum (fl's + mtf + alerts).ex4
(54.09 KiB) Downloaded 176 times
EURUSDM15.png

Hi MrTools,

Thanks for all the work you do! Its amazing!

I was about to create a post about the previous version of this indicator and issues I noticed when testing via the 15 min TF. I then tested again using this new version but there seems to be the same issue with both. I created a test case so that you can see exactly what I'm seeing in the hopes of getting to the bottom of this, please find attached.

I created a simple test case that shows arrows pointing up when the momentum is green and down when red. What I noticed was that on the 4hr chart everything looks good:
mom4hr.png
but when I did some back testing on the 15 min TF I saw this instead:
mom15minBacktest.png
The code included testing using the step Nema indicator as well, (line 77) which was really just a sanity check (then nema code is commented out) just to compare the results. The the Nema indicator worked fine - results were the same both on the chart and in the backtest.

Please have a look and let me know what you think.

Edit: The dates tested are around Dec 16, 2020

Thank you,

Mark
mrtools wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:53 am
Ewan.M01 wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:00 am

On this version I have, the only inner level i have is the middle line, but think I'm not understanding what you're looking for.

PS: For the Histogram version of this indicator, please see: Smoothed Momentum Histogram indicator for MT4
Test.mq4
(8.95 KiB) Downloaded 50 times

mwaschkowski wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:49 am
Hi MrTools,

I was about to create a post about the previous version of this indicator and issues I noticed when testing via the 15 min TF. I then tested again using this new version but there seems to be the same issue with both. I created a test case so that you can see exactly what I'm seeing in the hopes of getting to the bottom of this, please find attached.

I created a simple test case that shows arrows pointing up when the momentum is green and down when red. What I noticed was that on the 4hr chart everything looks good:

mom4hr.png

mom15minBacktest.png

The code included testing using the step Nema indicator as well, (line 77) which was really just a sanity check (then nema code is commented out) just to compare the results. The the Nema indicator worked fine - results were the same both on the chart and in the backtest.

Thank you,

Mark
mrtools wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:53 am

Think you need to check your iCustom calls, maybe this will help

SetIndexBuffer(0, levup, INDICATOR_DATA); SetIndexStyle(0,DRAW_LINE);  //0 to 3 = levels
   SetIndexBuffer(1, levmi, INDICATOR_DATA); SetIndexStyle(1,DRAW_LINE);
   SetIndexBuffer(2, levdn, INDICATOR_DATA); SetIndexStyle(2,DRAW_LINE);
   SetIndexBuffer(3, mom,  INDICATOR_DATA); SetIndexStyle(3,DRAW_LINE,EMPTY,LineWidth,ColorNe); // 3 to 7 colors
   SetIndexBuffer(4, valua, INDICATOR_DATA); SetIndexStyle(4,DRAW_LINE,EMPTY,LineWidth,ColorUp);
   SetIndexBuffer(5, valub, INDICATOR_DATA); SetIndexStyle(5,DRAW_LINE,EMPTY,LineWidth,ColorUp);
   SetIndexBuffer(6, valda, INDICATOR_DATA); SetIndexStyle(6,DRAW_LINE,EMPTY,LineWidth,ColorDn);
   SetIndexBuffer(7, valdb, INDICATOR_DATA); SetIndexStyle(7,DRAW_LINE,EMPTY,LineWidth,ColorDn);
   SetIndexBuffer(8, valc); // trend;

Oh my goodness, that does help. I used the Buffers explorer and found that buffer 8 is either +/- 1 if red or green and now everything is working as expected! Wow!

Here is the call that worked:

//for Buy/green color of indicator
return iCustom(NULL,0,momName, tf,momentumPeriodFast,PRICE_CLOSE, lvl_floa, smoothMomfloatingLevelPeriodFast,90,10,3, type, clrLimeGreen, clrRed, clrKhaki, false, false, false, false, false, false, "", false, 8, i) == 1;
Thanks for the help, these custom calls seem to bite me in the butt too often!

Mark
mrtools wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:35 am
mwaschkowski wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:49 am
Hi MrTools,

mom4hr.png

mom15minBacktest.png

Thank you,

Mark

Think you need to check your iCustom calls, maybe this will help

SetIndexBuffer(0, levup, INDICATOR_DATA); SetIndexStyle(0,DRAW_LINE);  //0 to 3 = levels
   SetIndexBuffer(1, levmi, INDICATOR_DATA); SetIndexStyle(1,DRAW_LINE);
   SetIndexBuffer(2, levdn, INDICATOR_DATA); SetIndexStyle(2,DRAW_LINE);
   SetIndexBuffer(3, mom,  INDICATOR_DATA); SetIndexStyle(3,DRAW_LINE,EMPTY,LineWidth,ColorNe); // 3 to 7 colors
   SetIndexBuffer(4, valua, INDICATOR_DATA); SetIndexStyle(4,DRAW_LINE,EMPTY,LineWidth,ColorUp);
   SetIndexBuffer(5, valub, INDICATOR_DATA); SetIndexStyle(5,DRAW_LINE,EMPTY,LineWidth,ColorUp);
   SetIndexBuffer(6, valda, INDICATOR_DATA); SetIndexStyle(6,DRAW_LINE,EMPTY,LineWidth,ColorDn);
   SetIndexBuffer(7, valdb, INDICATOR_DATA); SetIndexStyle(7,DRAW_LINE,EMPTY,LineWidth,ColorDn);
   SetIndexBuffer(8, valc); // trend;

mrtools wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:20 am
talaate wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:31 pm

Hi mrtools
Is possible to convert the indicator to histo on the basis of the change color on the middle line cross with keeping altering option.
Thanks
Made the histo version with auto next time frame.

PS: For the Floating Levels version of this indicator, please see here: Smoothed Momentum indicator with Floating Levels for MT4.
Thank you mrtools.

The histogram doesn't repaint right?

1. Similar Topics

1. Already Converted TradingView Indicators to MT4 Indicators

20 Replies 11473 Views

by Banzai, Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:19 pm in MT4 Indicators

20 Replies
    2. ATR indicators for MT4

4 Replies 3293 Views

by Banzai, Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:13 pm in MT4 Indicators

4 Replies

Return to “MT4 Indicators”