Re: Making Vertex Indicator non-repaint

Ogee wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:02 pm
Sure here is the Vertex %R and 2 Tick Volume Price Analysis files (different colour schemes for different colour chart background) , the CCI is the mt4 default, I just dragged and dropped the Vertex%R onto it and hid the Vertex signal line :)
That's the problem with the settings. I understand that you made a line colorless (None).
With English - a problem. You will have free time, then make a settings screen.
Thank you very much. This will definitely come in handy for someone else.

Re: HELP NEEDED !!!! I think there are small parts of the VERTEX INDICATOR that are not repainting .... Am I wrong?

MaitriMarty wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:24 pm Hello traders.

I am currently in the process of trialling out a new trading strategy using the Vertex Mod 3.1 Indicator and I have read many times that this indicator repaints so its basically not useable at all. BUT, for my strategy, I am not planning on using the arrow signal or the dot signal of the vertex because obviously, it is not good to use a repainting signal to get into a trade because it disappears all the time and is not valid. Instead, I want to focus on the two line crossover funtionality within the vertex signal because from what I can see, this can often give really nice signals for upcoming swing reversals (especially on the higher timeframes)

So to help me research this idea, I spent some time with the vertex indicator on a 1 minute chart & 15 minute chart to see how these two lines are plotting themselves and to see whether it repaints itself in any way. From what I could see, the lines themselves move around when the candle is playing out (of course) and then they are confirmed once the candle closes. They then seem to stay this way and do not repaint over time.

Therefore, from my basic research, I cant see any reason to say that the vertex lines (only the lines) repaint. And given the accuracy of these spiking type signals, I am not understanding why everyone writes off this indicator off so quickly without at least playing around with the other parts of it. Am I wrong to think that these lines do not repaint? Or am I wrong to say that this indicator is not giving off good signals when we see these RSI type o/b or o/s spikes appearing on the indicator?

If anyone knows any more about this, can you please tell me why people say that these lines are 'repainting' because from what I saw on my live charts, the lines didn't move after the candle had been closed, just as any other line based indicator would work. Am I missing something here?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!
Hey I just found the indicator and in the process of testing it, did it also repaint when it went to the extremes above 10 on H4?, and are you still using it, has it given good results using it in you own way?

mrtools wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:05 am

Has someone posted the code for the tradingview version here? Can't find it.
I messaged the author on tradingview yesterday and no response and as I see it he hasnt been active for over half a year, so I doubt he will respond.

There are a few versions of vertex indicator in this thread if anything is even usefull to make it non repaint.

Dego wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:35 am
I messaged the author on tradingview yesterday and no response and as I see it he hasnt been active for over half a year, so I doubt he will respond.

There are a few versions of vertex indicator in this thread if anything is even usefull to make it non repaint.
it is not posible, and in the case someone do it the result will be very different.