Re: Bollinger Band type indicators for MT4

Deez wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:00 pm Hi MrTools, could you please have a look at this indi when you have time - there's a painting problem.
Found the bars were probably repainting, try this one. The projection part will repaint sometimes.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 7):
Deez, alexm, Jimmy, Mechkad, 太虚一毫, Jedidiah, TE81950

tatlongtruong wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:15 pm

thank for your reply, but what is the prediction section?
The "Prediction" section are the lines that extend beyond the price bars/candles. It's an extension of the indicator (dotted lines) just for guidance purposes. Several indicators feature this such as the Future MACD (Prediction) indicator for MT4 etc. and the indicator itself does not repaint, but the Prediction section will repaint and adjust according to the new bars made. I wouldn't call this repainting, just recalculating as there is no trickery on purpose.

The easiest thing to do is just remove the "Prediction" section completely by choosing a blank color for those, so this does not disrupt your trades :)
Attachments
These users thanked the author ChuChu Rocket for the post (total 4):
vvFish, tatlongtruong, 太虚一毫, Jedidiah
Important: The worst forex brokers of all time 👎

I remembered seeing an indicator named something like "inverse bands" on a forum. I couldn't find the indicator again as I searched but liked the idea the name was suggesting. So decided to build an indicator on that idea. The usage could be to identify trend and range or breakouts but should be used as a part of strategy not stand alone, I recommend.

PS: For the Candlestick Overlay, please see: Inverse Bollinger Bands Candlestick Overlay for MT4.

Darks wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:36 am I remembered seeing an indicator named something like "inverse bands" on a forum. I couldn't find the indicator again as I searched but liked the idea the name was suggesting. So decided to build an indicator on that idea. The usage could be to identify trend and range or breakouts but should be used as a part of strategy not stand alone, I recommend.
Hello Darks,

Thanks for the interesting indicators you share here, I really appreciate your efforts.
Can you confirm that this "inverse bands" indicator is the same as the Bermaui bands. I have an MT5 indicator (see below) that looks the same it only lacks the squeeze component from your indicator. (Which makes yours even better 😊)

As the original creator Al Bermaui explains the idea behind the indicator is:

1. Calculate Standard Deviation as an oscillator that moves between 0 and 100. I will name it Bermaui Deviation percent (BD %).
  2. If "BD %" is near zero then volatility is at its extreme. In addition, if "BD %" is near 100 then volatility is very low.
  3. High volatility means a great probability for a trending market, while low volatility means side-way or ranging market.
  4. Middle Line is a Simple Moving Average (SMA) because Standard Deviation is calculated depending on SMA.
  5. Add "BD %" to a simple moving average with the same number of bars in the calculation to get The Upper Bermaui Band.
  6. Subtract "BD %" from a simple moving average with the same number of bars in the calculation to get The Lower Bermaui Bands.

If you can confirm that these indicators are actually the same (or the difference between them) I will also post the MT5 indicator in the correct thread.
These users thanked the author rudiarius for the post (total 5):
moey_dw, Jozo, pfxi, Patrick K, Jedidiah