Nearly 2000 Robinhood accounts hacked

Nearly 2000 accounts of the trading app Robinhood have been hacked to an admission issued by them, downplaying the number as “limited”. The platform itself was not targeted directly.
Personal e-mails of the app users have been compromised and hackers gained access to the accounts through those e-mails.
Robinhood issued a statement:
“We always respond to customers reporting fraudulent or suspicious activity and work as quickly as possible to complete investigations. The security of Robinhood customer accounts is a top priority and something we take very seriously,"
The app also noted that users should enable two-factor authentication on their accounts and that when a customer notifies them of a otential breach on an account they restrict said account, investigate the unauthorized access, log the user out on all devices and request for a password reset.
Further reports, however, also note that some of the breached accounts did have two-factor authentication.
Source
I think it is very concerning that the two-factor authentication were breached as well. How did that happen?

Re: Nearly 2000 Robinhood accounts hacked

mlawson71 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:10 am Nearly 2000 accounts of the trading app Robinhood have been hacked to an admission issued by them, downplaying the number as “limited”. The platform itself was not targeted directly.
Personal e-mails of the app users have been compromised and hackers gained access to the accounts through those e-mails.
Robinhood issued a statement:
“We always respond to customers reporting fraudulent or suspicious activity and work as quickly as possible to complete investigations. The security of Robinhood customer accounts is a top priority and something we take very seriously,"
The app also noted that users should enable two-factor authentication on their accounts and that when a customer notifies them of a otential breach on an account they restrict said account, investigate the unauthorized access, log the user out on all devices and request for a password reset.
Further reports, however, also note that some of the breached accounts did have two-factor authentication.
Source
I think it is very concerning that the two-factor authentication were breached as well. How did that happen?
I read an article about this a few days ago. A lady said she contacted Robinhood through email (apparently the only way to contact them) while her account was being hacked. She could see the money disappearing. Robinhood replied with a canned response saying they will "investigate" but did nothing and then all her money was gone. Other people had similar stories.

Glad I never used their platform.
Terry