Re: HMA - Hull Moving Average Indicators MT4

mrtools wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:08 am

That version needs a complete recoding to be able to do all you require. Don't mind doing it but will only post in ex4 if that's okay.
Hi Mr Tools. I am a beginner in MQl4 programming. I tried many things without success. I just successed to add the prices. I tried to make mtf version using resources|icustom to recall the code but I failed So it doesn't matter. Do as you like, I will appreciate.

And if you can do a mql5 version, I will be the happiest of men.

tannos wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:05 am
Hi Mr Tools. I am a beginner in MQl4 programming. I tried many things without success. I just successed to add the prices. I tried to make mtf version using resources|icustom to recall the code but I failed So it doesn't matter. Do as you like, I will appreciate.

And if you can do a mql5 version, I will be the happiest of men.
This is a mt4 version with alerts and mtf.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 7):
rudiarius, Jimmy, moey_dw, tannos, alexm, Thangarasu, Jedidiah

mrtools wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:06 pm

Hi Fxchaos, this would be the histo version.
Hi MrTools,
I am new to MQL4 and trying to code an EA that uses your "HMA Histo alerts" as a signal to trigger an order.
I want to read the trend buffer from the indicator but it returns "zero divide error".
As I understand from your mq4 file, the variable "trend" is in buffer 4. and the value = 1 when the histogram shows green. and -1 when the histogram shows red. (correct me if I am wrong)
so I am trying to read the trend value of the previous candle using this code

Code: Select all

int trend = iCustom(NULL,PERIOD_H1,"HMA Histo alerts",PERIOD_H1,0,0,0,0,0,clrNONE,clrNONE,0,0,0,0,0,0,4,1);
Can you please help me to correct it.
Appreciate your help, sir.

thangnguyen3d wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:30 am

Hi MrTools,
I am new to MQL4 and trying to code an EA that uses your "HMA Histo alerts" as a signal to trigger an order.
I want to read the trend buffer from the indicator but it returns "zero divide error".
As I understand from your mq4 file, the variable "trend" is in buffer 4. and the value = 1 when the histogram shows green. and -1 when the histogram shows red. (correct me if I am wrong)
so I am trying to read the trend value of the previous candle using this code

Code: Select all

int trend = iCustom(NULL,PERIOD_H1,"HMA Histo alerts",PERIOD_H1,0,0,0,0,0,clrNONE,clrNONE,0,0,0,0,0,0,4,1);
Can you please help me to correct it.
Appreciate your help, sir.
Maybe this EA will help, it's using the trend buffer but in the hull variation it's buffer # 3, like you said in the hull histo the trend buffer is number 4 and 1 for green and -1 for red. Also another way to code it, is the histo version is using Hull slope, similar to this EA. Hope this helps!
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
thangnguyen3d

mrtools wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:01 am

Maybe this EA will help, it's using the trend buffer but in the hull variation it's buffer # 3, like you said in the hull histo the trend buffer is number 4 and 1 for green and -1 for red. Also another way to code it, is the histo version is using Hull slope, similar to this EA. Hope this helps!
Thanks for your fast response MrTools.
Can you please share the "Hull variation 2" indicator using in this EA. I can't find it anywhere on this topic.

Huge thanks.