Re: Ultimate TDI indicators thread for MT4

rain wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:15 am

Nope, a Shark Fin is where the RSI (green) goes outside of the blue bollinger bands, it often looks like a shark fin, but it shows overbought/oversold better. It would give less signals than the standard RSI red/green cross, but they're often a warning of a reversal coming up.
download.png
Here's an example. This one the shark fin happens right before the RSI cross happens, but sometimes the Shark Fin happens and signals a reversal at the exact right point while it take the green/red RSIs a few more candles to catch up.
i think this is an interesting idea.
i dont think need to code the shark fin pattern out but will this work ? when rsi value cross upwards the lower bollinger band, then alert buy. when rsi value cross downwards the higher bollinger band then alert sell?
These users thanked the author whiteluggage for the post:
rain

whiteluggage wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:30 am

i think this is an interesting idea.
i dont think need to code the shark fin pattern out but will this work ? when rsi value cross upwards the lower bollinger band, then alert buy. when rsi value cross downwards the higher bollinger band then alert sell?
Guys, a bit of feedback needed please. Have you tried the latest TDI modification by Mrtools yet? Please take some time to test it out and let him know if it's working or not. Thanks.
Important: The worst forex brokers of all time 👎

ziapandorra wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:15 am

Dear mrtools,
First thanks for your work on the idea.
But as you can check the arrow positions they have false direction. For example when priceline breaks below volatility band we see an up arrow.
It's kinda a matter of interpretation some think it's an early warning of trend change, think maybe I need to figure out an option to switch the arrows per the individual tastes.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
ziapandorra

ziapandorra wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:15 am

Dear mrtools,
First thanks for your work on the idea.
But as you can check the arrow positions they have false direction. For example when priceline breaks below volatility band we see an up arrow.
Hello Zia, for reference you may use the Windings table as a guide to change the symbols/arrows manually in the indicator's settings :)

MT4 Windings Arrows and Symbols
Attachments
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 2):
ziapandorra, Jedidiah
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance