Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Blin wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:50 am
As you can see we have a green 1hr turning point and the photo you attached shows the 1hr turning point repainted right?
I think you are quite right to think that your entry looked like a 2nd dot - and it was a 2nd dot: a failed one (no system can give you a 100%-win-rate)
More important - maybe - was the fact that price - on its way up - was rejected twice at H4 resistance and then was not able to produce another higher high. Instead it started to produce lower highs whenever it turned after its way up (if you look closely you will see that it produced 3 lower highs before it suddenly broke through all three MAs and spiked downwards.
If you look at EMA 9-36-144 you can see clearly that the distance between them gets smaller and into a sideways squeeze. And that's why you should have gotten out of the trade when the retest of the last high at around 3575 failed.
I know from experience that this is much easier to say (in hindsight) than to do while price is moving. But one only learns from mistakes (i. e. hindsight). If all goes according to plan you don't learn anything new at all.
You win some, you lose some - if you win, stay in as long as possible, if you lose, get out when it becomes clear that no new highs can be reached (in an uptrend - no lows in a downtrend).
(Your VWAP-curve - although this at the time was much more difficult to see - also flattens, the steep upward movement gives way to an almost horizontal line. But this was not decisive, just a hint that buyers had disappeared.)
When Xard says that - at the time - H1 was down: you could have seen this looking at Xard's ZZ2-line.
These users thanked the author josi for the post:
DVanAssen

Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

josi wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:58 pm
More important - maybe - was the fact that price - on its way up - was rejected twice at H4 resistance and then was not able to produce another higher high. Instead it started to produce lower highs whenever it turned after its way up (if you look closely you will see that it produced 3 lower highs before it suddenly broke through all three MAs and spiked downwards.
I add that, at least in my 15m chart, the price after the 3 lower highs made an up spike to 3578,05 where the xard system has indicated a second down point which has canceled every bullish guess and has inviting to find an entry short...
Timing is all

Quando tutto sembrava perduto ho guardato in faccia la sconfitta e ho trovato la speranza