Re: Moving Average indicators for MT4

Darks wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:02 pm Updated the ma experiment indicator to use alerts, signal line filter & adaptive filter.
Hi Darks,

I'm really loving your take on the moving averages, its working well for me. Do you have any planned updates to it or would you consider it done?

And, do you know of any better ways of dealing with direction changes like the attached?

Thank you!

Mark
Attachments

mwaschkowski wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:02 am

Hi Darks,

I'm really loving your take on the moving averages, its working well for me. Do you have any planned updates to it or would you consider it done?

And, do you know of any better ways of dealing with direction changes like the attached?

Thank you!

Mark
A step filter can be added to control minor changes like that which I may add later although I didn't wanted it to be a step type average.
Or floating levels can be a good option too.

Also signal line period could be increased to filter small changes.
These users thanked the author Darks for the post (total 2):
moey_dw, mwaschkowski

Darks wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:03 pm

A step filter can be added to control minor changes like that which I may add later although I didn't wanted it to be a step type average.
Or floating levels can be a good option too.

Also signal line period could be increased to filter small changes.
Added a step filter although I believe it is better used as an average type indicator.
These users thanked the author Darks for the post (total 5):
kvak, Jackson Doh, thomdel, mwaschkowski, pipsquirrel

Here's a different take(adaptive method) on an already existing indicator. Results look so good at some places that it starts to give impression of an improvement although still far away from that. Image shows the comparison(between old(orange,aqua) & new(red,green) version) at default settings with T3 clean turned on.
These users thanked the author Darks for the post (total 6):
Holmes27, thomdel, Jimmy, Sutatong, Antonio, pipsquirrel

jozino12 wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:14 pm Hi there. Here is All Averages Filter :) main problem I have had was trading in range... this indy can filter some... here is default, and also another not bad settings.. try it if you want.
default.PNG
interestingseting.PNGinterestingseting screenshot.PNG
thank you sir , it is really unique indicator! as you said it prevents range candles trading.

are you the developer of it? may i ask you please add a vwap price option to it? if possible!

bless

paymanz wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:08 am

thank you sir , it is really unique indicator! as you said it prevents range candles trading.

are you the developer of it? may i ask you please add a vwap price option to it? if possible!

bless

Hi Thank you. I am glad to hear that :) except formulation for all Moving averages yes.
What you want should be already here... it is called VWMA

EDIT: OK seems this is not what you ask for... seems like this "VWAP" in MT4 I have compare and post is not really VWAP as per definition... (like start from day / week ...open ...)
Now I working on "ALL fIlter beta" in MT5, it is working, but it is not prepare for release yet, it will need some more code optimalization... and in MT5 I have working true VWAP. As per its definition. I cant add it to this indicator but I will be Able to give most of the filter function to the VWAP
Let me know if you would like to it .
These users thanked the author jozino12 for the post (total 3):
paymanz, moey_dw, rudiarius