Re: VQ - Volatility Quality Indicators MT4

constbln wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:03 am VQ-nrp+arrows+mtf histo alerts.mq4/VQ-nrp+arrows+mtf+alerts.mq4 and the other version freeze my mt4 when I use 1 higher tf and vice versa. Just seems to work when I keep the current settings
Put them both on my charts using 30 minute on 15 minute chart and didn't freeze my charts, the mt4 mtf will only work correctly using higher timeframes on your indicator, than your chart timeframe.
Attachments
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 2):
mwaschkowski, constbln

mwaschkowski wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:11 am

Thanks MrTools, looking good!

I just started to try out the MTF functionality but it only seems to work for one direction, up.

ie. if I'm on a 4hr chart I can change the timeframe to 1D but not to 1Hr

I checked my history and have downloaded the H1 data but its not working for me. Is there something else I need to do in MT4 to get it to work in lower TF?

Thank you!

Mark

PS. Haos MTF looks like its working fine using H1 timeframe but Smoothed Momentum is also not working when going to a lower TF, the chart just gives me the same look as the 4HR TF...(ie. nothing happens...)
Far as I know all the indicators mtf is designed to work on higher timeframe only, would be careful when going the other way.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
mwaschkowski

daro84 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:22 am

Well, im looking something like the image attached.
When the "slope" crosses the dashed yellow line
Thanks
This one will alert that way if you have color change on VQ crossing slow ma.

PS: For the Histogram version, please see here: VQ Volatility Quality Stridsman Histogram for MT4.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 10):
daro84, RomanUkraine, Jimmy, vvFish, pipsquirrel, Cazz223, Dego, Juertes, RodrigoRT7, 太虚一毫

coinmaster wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:54 pm If this is too much to ask, is it possible to get an mq4 version so I can figure out how to edit this in myself?
hi & welcome.............. no source code requests allowed here pls respect it
Attachments
These users thanked the author moey_dw for the post:
Jimmy
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈

coinmaster wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:54 pm Hello beautiful people. :)
Is it possible to get the Volatility quality zero line averages 2.6 version with an MA attached (with the standard ma options)?
I would be eternally grateful.
If this is too much to ask, is it possible to get an mq4 version so I can figure out how to edit this in myself?

Much love <3
Hello and welcome to the site. I know it's your first post but as Moey pointed out, please follow our rules.

Source code requests are not permitted here and we ask members to respect the coder's decision to protect their files from theft.
Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

coinmaster wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:54 pm Hello beautiful people. :)
Is it possible to get the Volatility quality zero line averages 2.6 version with an MA attached (with the standard ma options)?
I would be eternally grateful.
If this is too much to ask, is it possible to get an mq4 version so I can figure out how to edit this in myself?

Much love <3
Let me make sure I understand you are looking for the VQ Zero line with an extra ma of VQ?

mrtools wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:54 am

Let me make sure I understand you are looking for the VQ Zero line with an extra ma of VQ?
Forgive me for breaking the rules, I was unaware.
I am requesting the equivalent of the VQZL averages 2.6 as if I assigned the stock Mt4 moving average indicator to the same window. So in other words VQZL with a normal moving average filter, although a ma of VQ does sound intriguing.
My purpose for this request is due to the EA building software that I use not being able to combine these in such a fashion and I struggle to find the time to learn enough coding to complete the task on my own.

Appreciate your time.