Re: Bollinger Band type indicators for MT4

jerryjerry wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:06 am
Ok, I know it is using negative 22 shift but still i good for 700 pips...please do it any way if you are good willing thanks just have to grab your 700 pips and wait next signal
Try.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 13):
jerryjerry, pipsquirrel, moey_dw, QSD, Jimmy, som3nam3, oskar656, TSD ICEMAN, Antonio, RodrigoRT7, talaate, Jedidiah, Chickenspicy

moey_dw wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:02 pm

hi jerry interesting version of bb................... what is the difference to standard bb & why u prefer 2 use this version instead can I ask?
What happened to our new friend Jerry. He came on here and asked for an indicator, then we never heard from him again!! :lolno:
These users thanked the author ChuChu Rocket for the post:
moey_dw
Important: The worst forex brokers of all time 👎

moey_dw wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:02 pm

hi jerry interesting version of bb................... what is the difference to standard bb & why u prefer 2 use this version instead can I ask?
Jerry be like
Attachments
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 3):
moey_dw, som3nam3, Chickenspicy
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

TSD ICEMAN wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:24 am

Hi MrTools

Can you explain in simple terms what "using negative 22 shift" means? does it repaint or .....?
It shifts the moving average 22 bars back, and the indicator uses a +7 shift on the Bollinger bands in it's calculations to draw the bands, which far as I know makes it repaint, but have been watching the arrows since yesterday and haven't noticed any repainting, so really not sure. Best to test for awhile before using real money with it.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 3):
TSD ICEMAN, Jimmy, charli

mrtools wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:10 am

It shifts the moving average 22 bars back, and the indicator uses a +7 shift on the Bollinger bands in it's calculations to draw the bands, which far as I know makes it repaint, but have been watching the arrows since yesterday and haven't noticed any repainting, so really not sure. Best to test for awhile before using real money with it.
Thank you explaining it, I put it myself on a 1 min chart and waited for the candle to close and then changed time frame and the arrow was still there so from what I can see it not repainting, unless the arrows disappear after a certain number of candles , but either way I have marked the candles and will change time frames after 10 hrs from 1 min chart to a 1hr hour chart then back to a 1 min and see it anything strange happens , will let you know the outcome

TSD ICEMAN wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:16 am

Thank you explaining it, I put it myself on a 1 min chart and waited for the candle to close and then changed time frame and the arrow was still there so from what I can see it not repainting, unless the arrows disappear after a certain number of candles , but either way I have marked the candles and will change time frames after 10 hrs from 1 min chart to a 1hr hour chart then back to a 1 min and see it anything strange happens , will let you know the outcome
Attachments
These users thanked the author QSD for the post:
charli