Re: RSI Indicators for MT4

TEAMTRADER wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:28 pm I too am a fan of stochs - but it rarely shows the sideways movement of the RSx.
I've put two sets of stochs and two sets of RSx on the Dax this morning to illustrate with the yellow zone the sideways area.
Stochs is a great indicator and I agree in a lot of cases it is as good.
TEAMTRADER
interesting, thanks!
Even more intersting - to me - are your indicators' inputs.
Stoch: 144, 5, 2 and 39.5,3 - where did this come from?
RSIMA: 43, 34?
The numbers look pretty random and one wonders what exactly they want to emulate.
Wouldn't it be a much better idea to use the 2nd one to emulate a higher TF? i. e. 14,3,3 and 56, 6, 3?
And the channels that you use: 2 Bollinger? 2TMA?

josi wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:39 pm
interesting, thanks!
Even more intersting - to me - are your indicators' inputs.
Stoch: 144, 5, 2 and 39.5,3 - where did this come from?
RSIMA: 43, 34?
The numbers look pretty random and one wonders what exactly they want to emulate.
Wouldn't it be a much better idea to use the 2nd one to emulate a higher TF? i. e. 14,3,3 and 56, 6, 3?
And the channels that you use: 2 Bollinger? 2TMA?
The stochs setting are my 'long term' and 'Equi - medium term' stochs indicators.
All chart settings and templates are to suit the 'eye of the trader' and these settings suit mine.
As far as the BB go, I am testing these to see if the outer bands give clues to exits when scalping to ensure they provide a more safety in the exit. I had three bands originally and these were very reliable but hard for my eyes to follow in live trading as the third band was a different setting.
The illustration is my original TRIPLE template with the shift on '3' highlighted in black - this was so I could see when the smaller BB is straddling the central (key) lime band, meaning sideways chart. I found this template very good to start with but my eyes got strained after a short while so it was no good for me. Theoretically it should have been simple to wait for the shorter term bands to go above or below the central lime ma but it needs younger eyes than mine to trade it successfully.
I have discounted this template and am concentrating on the double BB as it is easier for me.
TEAMTRADER
Attachments
These users thanked the author TEAMTRADER for the post:
josi

mladen wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:05 am Rsi(oma)
it can calculate rsi or rsi of average7 types of rsi(oma) can be calculated RSIRSXCuttler's RSIHaris' RSIRapid RSISlow RSIEhlers' smoothed RSIit can have floating or fixed levelsaverages that can be used are the standard 4 typesusual 22 types of pricesusual set of alertsmulti time frame alreadyUpgraded code (some issues solved, code optimized and simplified, and so on ...)

rsi(oma)_2.png

Hello sir!! is thre any version for MT4??

Thanks

reecehardyjack wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:32 am

MrTools, can we get this in MTF? Thanks
Made this version mtf. Had to remove the lines so not to have too many iCustom parameters.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 10):
Jimmy, Garrintcha, Anjum, Thangarasu, QSD, talaate, pipsquirrel, ivanzab2, alexm, SijjiN