DownloadRe: MT4 Indicators with alerts/signals

Hello
I have a request for the amazing coders in this forum. Ive been using this method for years can you code into indicator or EA?
Im a bit old fashioned so still do things manually, i discovered your bollinger band indicator (bollinger bands (mtf + arrows + alerts)), accidently, its an interesting indicator.
I firmly believe in methods and ideas are far superior to technical signals but it would be interesting to know of we get the same results.
Here is my method you can use standard BB settings (20,2), i have attached picture because its far more easy to understand. if its easier to code then take out criteria (4)
I have other criteria but to keep it simple thats the basic idea. It would be great if this can be improved on back-testing. I manually get 52-60% win-rate
Regards
Attachments
These users thanked the author Winning Loser for the post:
Antonio

Re: MT4 Indicators with alerts/signals

mrtools wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:53 pm

Added all the averages.
hi mrtools
if kindly this last latest version can be altered according to this meth

Code: Select all

if ((fasterMAnow > slowerMAnow) && (fasterMAprevious < slowerMAprevious) && (fasterMAafter > slowerMAafter)) {
         CrossUp[i] = Low[i] - Range*0.5;
      }
      else if ((fasterMAnow < slowerMAnow) && (fasterMAprevious > slowerMAprevious) && (fasterMAafter < slowerMAafter)) {
         CrossDown[i] = High[i] + Range*0.5;
in example picture aqua/magenta lines and dots by your latest version and blue/red arrows by this meth
Attachments

pipsquirrel wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:28 pm
hi mrtools
if kindly this last latest version can be altered according to this meth

if ((fasterMAnow > slowerMAnow) && (fasterMAprevious < slowerMAprevious) && (fasterMAafter > slowerMAafter)) {
         CrossUp[i] = Low[i] - Range*0.5;
      }
      else if ((fasterMAnow < slowerMAnow) && (fasterMAprevious > slowerMAprevious) && (fasterMAafter < slowerMAafter)) {
         CrossDown[i] = High[i] + Range*0.5;
in example picture aqua/magenta lines and dots by your latest version and blue/red arrows by this meth
Try this one.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 2):
pipsquirrel, Antonio

mrtools wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:36 am

Could you post a link to the indicator or post the indicator you want modified please?
sorry,my bad
here is link and indicator too,you lastly upgraded to additional averages
viewtopic.php?p=1295417129#p1295417129
-------------------------------
also posting the referenced indicator "MA Crosses OC signal" willing to be coded crossing signals alike
greetings

pipsquirrel wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:47 am
sorry,my bad
here is link and indicator too,you lastly upgraded to additional averages
viewtopic.php?p=1295417129#p1295417129
-------------------------------
also posting the referenced indicator "MA Crosses OC signal" willing to be coded crossing signals alike
greetings
viewtopic.php?p=1295422798#p1295422798
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
pipsquirrel

pipsquirrel wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:12 am

hi mrtools
can you please review the logic code part as i see a bit difference displaying arrows,your this newest signaling more arrows than that of "ma cross oc"
both with same parameters
in picture white/gold arrows by your indicator
Don't know, but do know the Ma Cross OC is a repainter. Check out the fasterMAafter and the slowerMAafter(i-1) both are trying to look into the future.

fasterMAnow = iMA(NULL, 0, FasterMA, 0, FasterMode, PRICE_CLOSE, i);
      fasterMAprevious = iMA(NULL, 0, FasterMA, 0, FasterMode, PRICE_CLOSE, i+1);
      fasterMAafter = iMA(NULL, 0, FasterMA, 0, FasterMode, PRICE_CLOSE, i-1);

slowerMAnow = iMA(NULL, 0, SlowerMA, 0, SlowerMode, PRICE_OPEN, i);
      slowerMAprevious = iMA(NULL, 0, SlowerMA, 0, SlowerMode, PRICE_OPEN, i+1);
      slowerMAafter = iMA(NULL, 0, SlowerMA, 0, SlowerMode, PRICE_OPEN, i-1);
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
pipsquirrel