Re: Ultimate TDI indicators thread for MT4

HI EVERYONE ! I was wondering anyone of you could help me add this simple yet useful feature to this TDI indicator? :

1. Add the text label on the corner of the TDI indicator as shown in the screenshot attached below ;
Whenever tdi price + signal line cross above 50 level, show the text UPTREND
Whenever tdi price + signal line cross below 50 level, show the text DOWNTREND
Based on the screenshot below,
* GREEN LINE -> RSI Price line
* RED LINE -> RSI Signal line
## ignore the yellow line as its mid of volatility band ( which is also known as market base line ) , i only need to know whether RSI Price+ Signal line cross above/below 50 level of RSI as they move faster, hence giving me time to prepare if my trades change direction.

2. Add the option to customize the color of the text label also,
Default color ;
LIME -> UPTREND
RED -> DOWNTREND

3. Add the option to change the x/y positions of the text label downtrend/uptrend of TDI
DEFAULT POSITIONS : Just slightly on top of the 50 RSI level

Thanks in advance if anyone can fulfill this small request of mine ! :D

yeehc wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:59 am HI EVERYONE ! I was wondering anyone of you could help me add this simple yet useful feature to this TDI indicator? :

1. Add the text label on the corner of the TDI indicator as shown in the screenshot attached below ;
Whenever tdi price + signal line cross above 50 level, show the text UPTREND
Whenever tdi price + signal line cross below 50 level, show the text DOWNTREND
Based on the screenshot below,
* GREEN LINE -> RSI Price line
* RED LINE -> RSI Signal line
## ignore the yellow line as its mid of volatility band ( which is also known as market base line ) , i only need to know whether RSI Price+ Signal line cross above/below 50 level of RSI as they move faster, hence giving me time to prepare if my trades change direction.

2. Add the option to customize the color of the text label also,
Default color ;
LIME -> UPTREND
RED -> DOWNTREND

3. Add the option to change the x/y positions of the text label downtrend/uptrend of TDI
DEFAULT POSITIONS : Just slightly on top of the 50 RSI level

Thanks in advance if anyone can fulfill this small request of mine ! :D
from jeanlouie @ forexfactory
These users thanked the author Banzai for the post (total 5):
yeehc, Antonio, pipsquirrel, Thangarasu, Jedidiah

Can someone PLEASE take one of the TDIs shared on this site (ideally an MTF version) and make it so that alerts any time the RSI price line returns into the Bollinger Bands (obviously after leaving it and forming a shark fin)? Also, adding an arrow option would making it amazing too.
This should be pretty easy to add as an option, yes?
Thank you!
I've attached one of the TDIs you could use. Otherwise, use any other MTF version!

ChuChu Rocket wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:03 pm

DVan, why did you quote the post without a reply?

Also, Rain when you say "Shark Fin" do you mean the TDI "Hook" as mentioned in Page 1 of this thread?
Nope, a Shark Fin is where the RSI (green) goes outside of the blue bollinger bands, it often looks like a shark fin, but it shows overbought/oversold better. It would give less signals than the standard RSI red/green cross, but they're often a warning of a reversal coming up. Here's an example. This one the shark fin happens right before the RSI cross happens, but sometimes the Shark Fin happens and signals a reversal at the exact right point while it take the green/red RSIs a few more candles to catch up.

rain wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:15 am

Nope, a Shark Fin is where the RSI (green) goes outside of the blue bollinger bands, it often looks like a shark fin, but it shows overbought/oversold better. It would give less signals than the standard RSI red/green cross, but they're often a warning of a reversal coming up.
download.png
Here's an example. This one the shark fin happens right before the RSI cross happens, but sometimes the Shark Fin happens and signals a reversal at the exact right point while it take the green/red RSIs a few more candles to catch up.
Not sure how to code an accurate version of the shark fin.