Re: Moving Average indicators for MT4

Darks wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:02 pm Updated the ma experiment indicator to use alerts, signal line filter & adaptive filter.
Pretty good signals with your settings, I must say.
The colour doesn't always seem to change on slope direction change.
What's with the Fibonacci numbers (13,21).
I tried EMA 5,20 (instead of 13, 21) - not too bad either.

Darks wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:02 pm Updated the ma experiment indicator to use alerts, signal line filter & adaptive filter.
The colour doesn't always seem to change immediately on slope direction change (is filtering the reason?)
What's with the Fibonacci numbers (13,21)? Any real reasons or just magical thinking Fibonacci numbers cause in so many people?

josi wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:39 pm
The colour doesn't always seem to change immediately on slope direction change (is filtering the reason?)
What's with the Fibonacci numbers (13,21)? Any real reasons or just magical thinking Fibonacci numbers cause in so many people?
Set useSignal to false then color will change on slope change and no particular reason for Fibonacci number. Those are just something I like to use personally. Its an indicator to experiment with.
These users thanked the author Darks for the post (total 2):
josi, Antonio

Hey Mr.Tools,

I have an idea/request for your already robust "averages - 9.41 (mtf + alerts + arrows + kelt + button)" indicator.

Is it possible to add a selector for the keltner bands to calculate off of ADR, rather than ATR? And an additional input section to modify the % of the ADR which the bands are based off of (for lower timeframes)? Maybe another option to input the period for the ADR calculaton/average (it could instead piggyback and be the same input field which is already there for the ATR period).

I am imagining a sort of combination of the features of the "TMA_centered_bands", incorporated into your moving averages indicator.

I hope I am explaining it clearly.

Is this feasible?

Thanks for all of your hard work for this community!

Chintzki wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:23 pm Hey Mr.Tools,

I have an idea/request for your already robust "averages - 9.41 (mtf + alerts + arrows + kelt + button)" indicator.

Is it possible to add a selector for the keltner bands to calculate off of ADR, rather than ATR? And an additional input section to modify the % of the ADR which the bands are based off of (for lower timeframes)? Maybe another option to input the period for the ADR calculaton/average (it could instead piggyback and be the same input field which is already there for the ATR period).

I am imagining a sort of combination of the features of the "TMA_centered_bands", incorporated into your moving averages indicator.

I hope I am explaining it clearly.

Is this feasible?

Thanks for all of your hard work for this community!
Not sure, have to think about how to do that.

mrtools wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:37 am

Not sure, have to think about how to do that.
Good day Mr.Tools,

Thanks for your response.

I woke this morning and had one final idea to add: Perhaps an alert/arrow for when the price breaks the bands, should you add the function in question.

Either way, thanks again. With or without the changes your MA indicator is easily the best around.

I do have one other question. There is a similar indicator to yours called "AllAverages_v4.9_600", I'm sure you know it, which has many types of averages that yours does not. I am curious why you have chosen not to add some of these to your indicator? My best guess is that the formula are proprietary and you do not wish to infringe on the original author(s)? I have included the "AllAverages_v4.9_600" for reference, although I did slightly modify it to alphabetize the MA list order because I found it frustrating to navigate at times.

Have a good day!

mrtools wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:16 am Added filtering to Mladen EMA Hull.
@mrTools, Can you please help not to repaint the previous Square boxes in Hull Mov Avg. what is happening is I see 3-time frames trend is down.. but the hourly trend is strong but what happens in next candle hourly trend turns red but previous one also turns red. Please find attached Mq4.

veeratools wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:56 am

@mrTools, Can you please help not to repaint the previous Square boxes in Hull Mov Avg. what is happening is I see 3-time frames trend is down.. but the hourly trend is strong but what happens in next candle hourly trend turns red but previous one also turns red. Please find attached Mq4.
That is normal mtf behavior, when the hourly bar is not complete.

Tried to build the corrected nema version for MT4 so it could use MT5 timeframes. Results are not matching the MT5 version on same settings as currently the method used for achieving the values is very crude. Still posting the result indicator.
These users thanked the author Darks for the post (total 7):
Thangarasu, Jimmy, ChuChu Rocket, charli, FXchaos, xard777, pipsquirrel