Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Senior Rob wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:32 am

You don't do yourself justice, our kid! Even though you developed it for Indices, it works perfectly well on TRENDING currencies!
The strategy is to IGNORE the last semafor dot/square and trade off the CONFIRMED semafor dot/square on the next higher time frame. (XARD: ...and all this time I thought confirmation was at the 2nd DOT).
Since this is a "SIMPLE TREND FOLLOWING TRADING SYSTEM" we need to trade in accordance with Newton's first law of motion which states:

""An object at rest stays at rest and an object in motion stays in motion with the same speed and in the same direction unless acted upon by an unbalanced force"".

In trading terms this means PRICE will continue to go higher and make higher highs and higher lows UNTIL it reaches a SUPPLY level (or RESISTANCE) where sellers are waiting to SELL. Eventually the sellers will create a pull back and a lower high and lower low and then the RED semafor square/dot will be confirmed and glued in place.

As with ALL "Trend Following Trading Systems" this is CRAP when PRICE is trading in a range or consolidation and will drain your account if you try to use it to trade under such conditions.

Thanks Xard

Cheers,

Rob
Hi Rob,

That's a great explanation, and I believe by the laws of physics and Newton's explanation, a great many will understand it better.
We create order out of chaos - we trade that order, but sometimes that chaos is out of order, so we WAIT!!! for the order to return - and we trade again. XARD777

Oh well, I totally messed that up.
I said to myself that the market was going down (based on 4hr not crossing above the Trend) and placed a SELL (as you do).
As it was going down I thought I will test the screenshot so I hit the chicken switch thinking great, it's taken a snapshot. At which point I realised that I was out the market and I just watched like a rabbit caught in the headlights as the market plummeted another +160 Pips in about 15 seconds and all I could do was say Shiiiiit!

I am laughing about it now, anyway, the good news is that the screenshot worked.
XARD777

You can see (if you zoom in) where I got out of the trade and the move continue way down another 160 pips.
Defo a senior moment.
Attachments
These users thanked the author xard777 for the post (total 7):
fadhayemustafa, stond, Thangarasu, Mundu19, tokjanggut, Jedidiah, StuartWong
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

Exactly, Cladi, that's what it is all about. Whatever TF one trades it needs to be in sync with the higher TF and one hardly can get it wrong.
One can for example scalp the 5m all day if it is in sync with the 15 and.....the more the better and the longer the move.
In the following chart I use a MTF Stochastic for convenience...i.e. it shows the direction on the higher TF.
It doesn't really matter what indicators you use on the chart. Anything that suits you. Even just a SMA.

And the 15m in sync with the 30m......you still can scalp the 5m for longer moves.
These users thanked the author RplusT for the post:
Mundu19