Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

tomsabo wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:54 am Hello everyone!
This is my first post here and I must say I was following this thread since quite a few months ago and I have to admit that I have found the XARD system very interesting .

BUT! Let me add some comment to it with all respect for everyone and for the author as well:

I've been trading since a few years. I'm not a full time trade but I'm confident to say that I have a very good experience and decent results in trading. My main strategy is pure price action and support and resistance. I was always looking for a system with reliable indicators and of course I know there is no holy grail.

I was also aware that the XARD system is mostly a repainting system, so I had no high hopes for it. And unfortunately I was right... I wish I wouldn't but I was right. In the last few days I was trading with several pairs scaling down from the 1H to the 5M chart (where I was looking for trades) and almost all of them ended up in a stop loss. Why? Very simple because no matter how many second dots you are trading and taking trades from, they are just almost impossible to follow.
I tried to approach the system as if I were a total beginner, and I was following all the steps.
Yet I had to find that the whole system is totally unreliable. Period.
I'm very sorry but there is just no sense in it at all. Totally repainting signals. I have honestly gave my best shot at it, and not just ona demo, but on a real account too, just to feel the real deal, but.... no.... It's not working.

Despite my failure with this system I'm still very opened for suggestions and tips, because it seems like some of you have success with it.
Can anyone post some trading history with this?

I'm sorry for the negative review but I just don't get it why all the fuss with repainting zigzag system.... (fyi, only today I had 5 stop losses in a row and I was following every step)

Cheers!
Don't worry, these things do happen. Most people here are learning also. Maybe, you can post screenshots of your 5 trades and people can help you analyze them. There are quite a few helpful guys in here.

You can also combine your price action-support-resistance system with Xard's strategy, using either for confirmation.

tomsabo wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:54 am .....with repainting zigzag system.... (fyi, only today I had 5 stop losses in a row and I was following every step)

Cheers!
Hello tomsabo,

First of all, welcome to Forex Station and also to your first post in this thread.

I think it's great that you've tested this system a few times according to your ideas. I emphasize especially after your introduction because nobody knows where you put your SL.
Traderokey is right, post your trades, because there are many helpful members here in the forum.
Perhaps you will get one or the other tip on what will help you further.
We create order out of chaos - we trade that order, but sometimes that chaos is out of order, so we WAIT!!! for the order to return - and we trade again. XARD777

Skyold wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:00 am

Hello tomsabo,

First of all, welcome to Forex Station and also to your first post in this thread.

I think it's great that you've tested this system a few times according to your ideas. I emphasize especially after your introduction because nobody knows where you put your SL.
Traderokey is right, post your trades, because there are many helpful members here in the forum.
Perhaps you will get one or the other tip on what will help you further.
Okay, so these trades were all taken with XARD system on the 5 min charts and a Gold trade that was ended in SL (signal also repainted)

XARD: Hi there, sorry to hear that you are taking losses - Is there any way that you can trade Indices such as the S&P or Dow Jones?
I stopped trading currencies years ago and do not trade gold or any of the bitcoins. With the smaller movements in forex I think that you have to go with a higher timeframe which means that you will have to be in the market longer. With Indices larger moves you can be easily traded in smaller timeframes.
If you can't trade indices than I would trade currencies with larger movement such as GBPAUD, GBPNZD, GBPJPY on a 4hr/1hr timeframe.
Attachments
These users thanked the author tomsabo for the post:
StuartWong

tomsabo wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:54 am Hello everyone!
This is my first post here and I must say I was following this thread since quite a few months ago and I have to admit that I have found the XARD system very interesting .

BUT! Let me add some comment to it with all respect for everyone and for the author as well:

I've been trading since a few years. I'm not a full time trade but I'm confident to say that I have a very good experience and decent results in trading. My main strategy is pure price action and support and resistance. I was always looking for a system with reliable indicators and of course I know there is no holy grail.

I was also aware that the XARD system is mostly a repainting system, so I had no high hopes for it. And unfortunately I was right... I wish I wouldn't but I was right. In the last few days I was trading with several pairs scaling down from the 1H to the 5M chart (where I was looking for trades) and almost all of them ended up in a stop loss. Why? Very simple because no matter how many second dots you are trading and taking trades from, they are just almost impossible to follow.
I tried to approach the system as if I were a total beginner, and I was following all the steps.
Yet I had to find that the whole system is totally unreliable. Period.
I'm very sorry but there is just no sense in it at all. Totally repainting signals. I have honestly gave my best shot at it, and not just ona demo, but on a real account too, just to feel the real deal, but.... no.... It's not working.

Despite my failure with this system I'm still very opened for suggestions and tips, because it seems like some of you have success with it.
Can anyone post some trading history with this?

I'm sorry for the negative review but I just don't get it why all the fuss with repainting zigzag system.... (fyi, only today I had 5 stop losses in a row and I was following every step)

Cheers!
If you have been trading for a few years, you are supposed to know that you can't just simply trade Dots (and Xard never suggested that too). Again, Semaphores are NO SIGNAL INDICATORS, they simply move with price action as they show highs and lows and a high can continue to move higher till the next ice age..and vice versa for the lows. Thus, as Xard does, he looks for a confirmation i.e. price action crossing his trigger line on the chart, while I look for major SD levels, as the only reason price may reverse is based on who dominates, buyers or sellers. Besides, there is no such thing as a reliable indicator that makes trading decisions for the trader.
These users thanked the author RplusT for the post:
StuartWong

raullogan1991 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:38 am

PLEASE, YOU CAN TELL ME WHERE YOU STUDY ABOUT WAVES OR CYCLE THEORIES. I REALLY WANT TO LEARN ABOUT THEM.
I'm really tired of having to position myself in the market.
TKS U SO MUCH
The best suggestion I can give you is to ask my friend GOOGLE. There's plenty of stuff there to explain the theory and give suggestions. I commend your intention to acquire some education and treat trading as a profession not an online game. :thumbup: ...And while you are at it, learn as much as you can about SD (Supply and Demand). That is what separates the wheat from the chaff among traders.

The XARD UNIVERSE 2nd DOT System is designed to be traded on a 1hr and 4hr timeframe.
And on the 1hr timeframe in Indices it is really good. But, while waiting for the next 1hr turn around we get bored.
Luckily, the tiny little movements in the 5m timeframe on the indices allow for in excess of +100 to +200 pips to be grabbed in order to alleviate our boredom.
This however, does not translate too well on forex and the like... My Bad.
Xard777
Attachments
These users thanked the author xard777 for the post (total 13):
thomdel, RplusT, josi, Dandanakka, fadhayemustafa, stond, Skyold, QSD, kowal81, Narkarn, Erebøs_X, Jedidiah, StuartWong
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

Hey XARD

Thanks for all that you, hope you're enjoying your end of the year!

If possible would you please add alerts to your XU Channel with button and ribbon so that every time a new colored ribbon starts forming we can have an alert (mt4, email, push notification, sound)?

Thanks again!
XARD: If you switch the alarm on XU-MA v3 it will send push notification when price crosses the signal & trend lines on the candle color change (this is when we enter our trades).
These users thanked the author gabriel888 for the post (total 2):
RomanUkraine, StuartWong

tomsabo wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:28 am

Okay, so these trades were all taken with XARD system on the 5 min charts and a Gold trade that was ended in SL (signal also repainted)

XARD: Hi there, sorry to hear that you are taking losses - Is there any way that you can trade Indices such as the S&P or Dow Jones?
I stopped trading currencies years ago and do not trade gold or any of the bitcoins. With the smaller movements in forex I think that you have to go with a higher timeframe which means that you will have to be in the market longer. With Indices larger moves you can be easily traded in smaller timeframes.
If you can't trade indices than I would trade currencies with larger movement such as GBPAUD, GBPNZD, GBPJPY on a 4hr/1hr timeframe.
you have lacked confirmation from higher timeframes, it is recommended to incorporate m5-m15-h1 or m15-h1-h4 tracking.

GBPUSD, at that time the H1 indicator was sell . you buy and failed

XAUUSD, if you wait 45 minutes to get more sell indicator from m15 (you will have 2 sell confirmation from m15-m5) then you won sell order Xauusd +45 pips .

braciola719 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:40 pm xard thanks to your system I gave myself the tiguan volkwagen, and to think that I had abandoned thanks again for what you do
Always so good to hear of such achievements. Thank you for sharing this brother :)
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance