Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Not sure if I've mentioned this before or not but...

Your Daily RAGS to RICHES Mantra

When we are trading off a DOWN ARROW the DOWN moves are way bigger than the up moves during that DOWN cycle.
When we are trading off an UP ARROW the UP moves are way bigger than the down moves during that UP cycle.
Why is this so important? Well, it's where you make the most of your money in these BIG moves
Attachments
These users thanked the author xard777 for the post (total 11):
RomanUkraine, Skyold, thomdel, Thangarasu, Narkarn, oskar656, fadhayemustafa, Sarj, Dandanakka, Jedidiah, StuartWong
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

xard777 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:16 am Not sure if I mentioned this before or not but...

When we are trading off a DOWN ARROW the DOWN moves are way bigger than the up moves during that DOWN cycle.
When we are trading off an UP ARROW the UP moves are way bigger than the down moves during that UP cycle.
Why is this so important? Well, it's where you make the most of your money in these BIG moves
how many pips do you go for tp and sl?
XARD: it's different strokes for different folks. Some have a 10 pip sl & 20 pip tp, others 50 sl & 100 tp, others 150 sl & 300 tp. A kind of 2 to 1 ratio.
I tend to bide my time, wait for the market to give me an entry. Take today, I was up at 05:00 hrs waiting for an entry off a 2nd Dot that did not happen until the afternoon and I was only in the trade for a short while, made 16% and got out. If I do between 10% to 20% every second trading day then I like to think that I am doing something right. And yes, you can see that I leave a lot on the table. Pips wise, I am not sure how many as it could be +85 one trade and +250 the next to +170 etc...
If I think that the trade I am in is going nowhere or is starting to move against me I tend to just exit right away. I do not think twice or say I will let it run another 20 pips. If it is not running 20 pips in my favour then I am out. Don't get me wrong, I have blown many an account over the years but now I prefer steady growth a bit at a time. I think the best thing is not to be too greedy but definitely have a plan B, mines is the Chicken Switch and I am not afraid to use it :-)
Not only do you find ppl scared to place an entry but you also find a lot of ppl scared to hit the kill switch, they want to stay that bit longer only to see their profits dwindle in the aftermath.
Just remember, the only Pips that you make are the pips that you book. Sorry for the rant.
These users thanked the author Blin for the post (total 5):
Castle73, traderokey, thomdel, raullogan1991, StuartWong

xard777 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:16 am Not sure if I mentioned this before or not but...

Hello XARD,
since I am only trading index, the dashboard would be just right.
Please be able to exchange the indexes on the dashboard, because every broker has a different abbreviation.
Thank you for the great gifts :)
XARD: I am going to post a DASH-INDEX, it just takes time. When building up an idea it tends to veer off in different directions. The project takes time. I want to trade during the weekdays and create at the weekends. As you can see from my screenshots that I am testing an Index version which I will eventually post (ex4 format only) but it should work with a lot of brokers hopefully. I am also testing the MMAvg indy which is also on the Forex Dash. It may prove to be useful (or not, time will tell). Looking at the 5m MMAvg today, it looks like you could stay in the trade longer - again, more tests need to be done.
We create order out of chaos - we trade that order, but sometimes that chaos is out of order, so we WAIT!!! for the order to return - and we trade again. XARD777

Xard I have a question and hope I be able to explain my thought.
In my opinion the signal line of 2dot system is too reactive. What do you think about smoothing it as the old Gold Band which could be used like trigger
Is it a madness or something possible?
I tried to add it to the chart (15M) and I think is not bad
Timing is all

Quando tutto sembrava perduto ho guardato in faccia la sconfitta e ho trovato la speranza

xard777 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:16 am Not sure if I've mentioned this before or not but...

Hello Xard777, Can you enable the color of XU-ZZ2 color to be changed like XU-ZZ1. Sarju
XARD: Yes, My fault, I disable to make changes in the code then forget to enable again before posting. Will double check on next update.