Re: Rijay's System of Moving Averages

josi wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:40 pm
I can't - for the life of me - figure out what advantage EMA13 can bring to the whole setup.
Should you know yourself I'd be very grateful if you told me.
Does EMA 5-10-20 produce worse signals? Not as far as I can see.
If you leave EMA 13 out altogtether? Different signals?
How about MACD above or below 0 (or/+ divergence) - that could filter out bad signals (see screenshot).

that is how 13-20 ema zones are sr

now all long unwinding is done and all speculative positions are gone and open interest is light
that is how markets throws away all traders till it hits 13-20 ema zone on weekly and 13 and 50 ema D1 convergences.

market has squeezed out all long traders fully !!

monthly range low is hit and prices are bouncing of from 20 ema weekly after three unsuccessful attempt to break it last week.

so now s&p 500 can go up from here

real strength will emerge when prices crosses up the downsloping trendline and will cross back up above 13 ema D1 !
that is when long positions should be initiated,
Attachments

"that is how 13-20 ema zones are sr
now all long unwinding is done and all speculative positions are gone and open interest is light
that is how markets throws away all traders till it hits 13-20 ema zone on weekly and 13 and 50 ema D1 convergences.
monthly range low is hit and prices are bouncing of from 20 ema weekly after three unsuccessful attempt to break it last week.
real strength will emerge when prices crosses up the downsloping trendline and will cross back up above 13 ema D1 !
that is when long positions should be initiated,"

I also don't understand what sort of Maths you are using:
Your screenshot shows TF H4.
say: you use EMA 10 on H4
If you wanted to emulate D, Wk, Mth: what would be the EMA 10 of D, Wk, Mth displayed on H4?
D: 6xH4 = D; i. e. EMA 60 (D EMA 10 shown on TF H4)
Wk: 5xD=Wk, i. e. EMA 300 (Wk EMA 10 shown on TF H4)
Mth: 4xWk=Mth; i. e. EMA 1200 (Mth EMA 10 shown on TF H4)
Hope, you're analysis works for you.

josi wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:26 pm "that is how 13-20 ema zones are sr
that is when long positions should be initiated,"

I also don't understand what sort of Maths you are using:
Your screenshot shows TF H4.
say: you use EMA 10 on H4
If you wanted to emulate D, Wk, Mth: what would be the EMA 10 of D, Wk, Mth displayed on H4?
D: 6xH4 = D; i. e. EMA 60 (D EMA 10 shown on TF H4)
Wk: 5xD=Wk, i. e. EMA 300 (Wk EMA 10 shown on TF H4)
Mth: 4xWk=Mth; i. e. EMA 1200 (Mth EMA 10 shown on TF H4)
Hope, you're analysis works for you.

does your calculation fits in lower timeframes averages ?

is 60 ema, 300 ema and 1200 ema as per your calculation a standard averages ?

moving averages are not as fascinating as something like one up arrow to buy and one down arrow to sell so people downplays it often ! and run for two arrow system isn't it !

above this all is risk control and riding the trend. it is always good to have winning mindset.

risk control is how you control your lot size in trading.

xard777 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:32 am Rijay, I notice that you are into macd in a big way, have you done any work on dema crossovers?
Apparently the dema crossover uses the macd for confirmation to help filter out false moves.

I am interested in the dema crossover, if you any info on it would help.
All the best
Xard777

thanks , new version is even better and faster, what a surprise !

josi wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:29 am
Thanks for your answer but you didn't answer my question.
I didn't ask about MACD, MAs in general, Mladen or MrTools...
all the best

13 ema as sr again, s&p 500 corrected back towards 13 ema daily and bounced off it, fall to 13 ema was out of us market time, and sharp buying taken place at market open, so people are buying in it, isn't it.

still downsloping trendline is to be taken out for initiation of long positions, but anticipation is its going up again,
as 30 year bond sell off yesterday, usdindex will follow it and usd will also selloff

this is classic bull run of s&p 500 , climbing wall of worries and running on stimulus package hopes and rumors,

in any case bull markets do not end with such a low interest rates, low inflation and such a low crude prices, they all should overheat for bull market to end.

now xard has made it all easy by color coding to see on chart

thanks to him.
Attachments

xard777 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:32 am Rijay, I notice that you are into macd in a big way, have you done any work on dema crossovers?
Apparently the dema crossover uses the macd for confirmation to help filter out false moves.

All the best
Xard777

2nd dot entry
These users thanked the author rijay for the post:
mosiskv

All the best
Xard777

thanks,

this is indicators and templet for previous post description

keeping 2nd dot of all timeframes in single chart will help to see things clearly, in sequence like H1 2nd dot , M15 2nd dot and M5 2nd dot in single chart with mtf background color already there in your previous version and the need to keep open three charts will no longer be there

only those 2nd dot which are backed by background color in mtf mode will be valid for entry,

rest 2nd dot which appears against the trend ( background trend which reflects the trend of moving averages) will not be valid and are not actionable. and will disappear as again fast price action comes back in the direction of the trend.

so background color (trend)in mtf provides filter to this 2nd dots.

but 2nd dot value lies in appearance of sequence like H1 second dot, M15 second dot, M5 second backed by trend direction background color

yes your 2nd dot is where activity starts is right, as prices attempt to make new high or new low nearly always before it fails,

i see it on macd as retest of two lines , like in uptrend once macd lines crosses down, then again macd line will retest macd signal line from below,

when this retest of macd is seen in sequential timeframes it is a good entry signal like your 2nd dot in all sequential timeframes . but your 2nd dot is based purely on price action it may not give false signal like macd i think.
mosiskv

All the best
Xard777

it is interesting to see that your 2nd dot fired the signal exactly where i expect it to fire signal , at points where two lines of macd touches each other.

so thanks, i certainly does not consider it as a coincident , as it fired signal at right time at candle close and at right place when everything was lined up

certainly it was worth putting in lines of feedback for thanks.
mosiskv

second signal was also fired right at right point of convergence points on macd

no doubt it was in sync with H4 second dot , H1 second dot and then appeared M15 second dot of lower top sequence,

this time market was fast for the text to react , but that is always is the case, Mr Market is always fast.

your settings of semafore are perfect, i think

previous days close is where support lies as always, especially when market has opened away by gap and traded away whole day from previous days close like today, especially when market is non trending, only in trending market it runs away from previous days close(it needs very strong momentum tailwind of already established trend) after market open and that is very low probability.

from previous days close again real price discovery begins as index components starts trading and cash buying and selling begins.

thanks