DislikeSeems the moderators have taken a disliking to truth from an actual trader and have started deleting/censoring my posts

I can't stress enough those of you genuinely desiring to become a successful trader and by successful I mean an actual trader who makes his/her living from trading, you need to remove yourself from the indicator trap and look into yourself. That is where you're going to find the path to success and it never ends. This my post before it was deleted by the moderators.....They've even gone as far as altering my posts.

Sep 19th 2020

With the Covid situation I've had more time to burn and look at some of these trading forums. Some of you may not like what I'm going to say. I've noticed a previous post was deleted, but this is for the young people that have a genuine intellectual curiosity to pursue trading or the person working full-time, have a financial cushion and desire to become a real independent trader full-time. Forums won't make a professional in any performance based respect.

Don't get caught up in the trading social media rut. There's a real limitation to peer learning these forums. Some are more bad than good. After a bit of reading at the forexfactory it gets unbearably nauseating and clearly is an internet ghetto of bs and egos....not conducive to trading. I must've struck a chord there and was confided via PM of a particular owner of one of the eur forums had lost them and other people thousands of dollars trading their money. In the industry that's basis for arbitration.

Take yourselves out of all the indicator and strategy hunts and the "who makes better traders men or women", music and jewelry threads. Indicators and price action don't predict my winning trades. They never look like it until after they fact' if you can wrap your head around what that means. At the point they do is when my odds of a stop out is greatly increased or inevitable.

Yes, use a stop. If you can't incorporate a properly placed stop than you aren't ready to trade and most likely don't have edge - it's that simple. My better trades have over 1:10 ratio. I see people asking if it's possible to get 10 percent a month and I can tell you that's my goal a day. I see trades up three, five percent that reverse, that is just part of what I do. It's never set in stone and the market conditions are always changing. I don't get caught up in hindsight. I do ask myself what was the state of my mind when I could've taken part, what is the state that I need to be in the future.

Trading should be serious. If you're just having a little fun buying/fractional lots... more power.

If you're convicted to taking yourself to the best than you need to get rid of the BS. Making serious money is a great feeling, but it's a result of a lot of hard work and preparation and experience. You're not going to find it in this or any of these forums. The answer is in your soul and in between your ears. If you're the type of person mentioned at the beginning, learning for a couple of years and have a cushion to take care of finances than I recommend you go full-time. Again, the bar and learning curve to trade in an impactful way is high and huge, it's polar opposite of trading on the side or as a hobby. If you do succeed you'll know what trading really is. People don't like to face that and are the dreamers. You can't let it consume you in the same.

Separate yourself from the siphon that trading forums are. You need to learn on very proactive dimensions and modalities. That's going to happen on a personal level and with your own experience. If you can find a real mentor than that's great. So lastly, my word to you is to focus on your individual psychological appropriateness to trading. I can't stress enough how the mental aspect can even ebb and flow just like the market. If you can't get your head screwed on appropriately then becoming a trader is not going to happen. The markets are extremely efficient, chaotic and random.

Additionally added today:

I was series and licensed trader in the equities and commodities industry. I still have friends that are institutional traders and I will tell you even they cannot trade retail effectively. It is a tail of two cities as the roles are different but both are called trading. If even professional institutional traders fall under the same statistics you have to ask yourselves how are you going to separate yourself from the masses of people failing or just getting by.

This will be a last post. I just don't agree with the ignorance that trading forums perpetuate. Don't limit yourself with the heard mindset that's all too prevalent.
Good luck!

Re: Seems the moderators have taken a disliking to truth from an actual trader and have started deleting/censoring my po

Yodelx90 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:56 pmsk yourselves how are you going to separate yourself from the masses of people failing or just getting by.

This will be a last post. I just don't agree with the ignorance that trading forums perpetuate. Don't limit yourself with the heard mindset that's all too prevalent.
Good luck!
Its not hard to read between the lines!!..I don't believe for a second your a successful trader but more someone that's has just lost a lot money chasing a dream that did'nt happen. But hopefully getting this off your chest MIGHT make you feel better, but its not very nice to try and drag other people down with you. especially the owners and moderators that put all their time into something that's completely FREE for the public. which is very rear in this industry!

All the best on your new endeavors

Kiwi

Re: Seems the moderators have taken a disliking to truth from an actual trader and have started deleting/censoring my po

No one has deleted anything according to the logs. Unless you're talking about our database error which happened on Friday and caused posts after last Tuesday to be missing? :think:

Watch out for the naughty moderators!
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Yodelx90 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:56 pm
No offence but:
if you take the time to read this post you find:
there is only ONE concrete fact about trading: use Stop-Loss
and even this fact remains so vague (where do I put the stop-loss for an actual trade, on which TF, is hedging an alternative etc) that it is at the same time mega-trivial and useless.
People trade without indicators, of course, (Walter Peters, for example) but if they can do it they can tell you precisely where they enter AND WHY, where they put the SL AND WHY, where they exit AND WHY.
The rest is babbling...
These users thanked the author josi for the post:
ChuChu Rocket

Yodelx90 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:56 pm I can't stress enough those of you genuinely desiring to become a successful trader and by successful I mean an actual trader who makes his/her living from trading, you need to remove yourself from the indicator trap and look into yourself. That is where you're going to find the path to success and it never ends. This my post before it was deleted by the moderators.....They've even gone as far as altering my posts.

Sep 19th 2020

With the Covid situation I've had more time to burn and look at some of these trading forums. Some of you may not like what I'm going to say. I've noticed a previous post was deleted, but this is for the young people that have a genuine intellectual curiosity to pursue trading or the person working full-time, have a financial cushion and desire to become a real independent trader full-time. Forums won't make a professional in any performance based respect.

Don't get caught up in the trading social media rut. There's a real limitation to peer learning these forums. Some are more bad than good. After a bit of reading at the forexfactory it gets unbearably nauseating and clearly is an internet ghetto of bs and egos....not conducive to trading. I must've struck a chord there and was confided via PM of a particular owner of one of the eur forums had lost them and other people thousands of dollars trading their money. In the industry that's basis for arbitration.

Take yourselves out of all the indicator and strategy hunts and the "who makes better traders men or women", music and jewelry threads. Indicators and price action don't predict my winning trades. They never look like it until after they fact' if you can wrap your head around what that means. At the point they do is when my odds of a stop out is greatly increased or inevitable.

Yes, use a stop. If you can't incorporate a properly placed stop than you aren't ready to trade and most likely don't have edge - it's that simple. My better trades have over 1:10 ratio. I see people asking if it's possible to get 10 percent a month and I can tell you that's my goal a day. I see trades up three, five percent that reverse, that is just part of what I do. It's never set in stone and the market conditions are always changing. I don't get caught up in hindsight. I do ask myself what was the state of my mind when I could've taken part, what is the state that I need to be in the future.

Trading should be serious. If you're just having a little fun buying/fractional lots... more power.

If you're convicted to taking yourself to the best than you need to get rid of the BS. Making serious money is a great feeling, but it's a result of a lot of hard work and preparation and experience. You're not going to find it in this or any of these forums. The answer is in your soul and in between your ears. If you're the type of person mentioned at the beginning, learning for a couple of years and have a cushion to take care of finances than I recommend you go full-time. Again, the bar and learning curve to trade in an impactful way is high and huge, it's polar opposite of trading on the side or as a hobby. If you do succeed you'll know what trading really is. People don't like to face that and are the dreamers. You can't let it consume you in the same.

Separate yourself from the siphon that trading forums are. You need to learn on very proactive dimensions and modalities. That's going to happen on a personal level and with your own experience. If you can find a real mentor than that's great. So lastly, my word to you is to focus on your individual psychological appropriateness to trading. I can't stress enough how the mental aspect can even ebb and flow just like the market. If you can't get your head screwed on appropriately then becoming a trader is not going to happen. The markets are extremely efficient, chaotic and random.

Additionally added today:

I was series and licensed trader in the equities and commodities industry. I still have friends that are institutional traders and I will tell you even they cannot trade retail effectively. It is a tail of two cities as the roles are different but both are called trading. If even professional institutional traders fall under the same statistics you have to ask yourselves how are you going to separate yourself from the masses of people failing or just getting by.

Good luck!
so removing indicators and adding stoploss is what made you profitable?
Secondly institutional traders failing retail trading is no big deal. Thats because its a transition from trading with more information to a level where you trade with less info.
Know Thy Setup. Know Thyself.

Kiwi wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:09 pm Its not hard to read between the lines!!..I don't believe for a second your a successful trader but more someone that's has just lost a lot money chasing a dream that did'nt happen. But hopefully getting this off your chest MIGHT make you feel better, but its not very nice to try and drag other people down with you. especially the owners and moderators that put all their time into something that's completely FREE for the public. which is very rear in this industry!

All the best on your new endeavors

Kiwi
You don't know me and so you don't know what a successful trader is.

You don't know what a successful trader is, you aren't and will never be one.

It's a fact and not just something to upset you. I can pick up these things about people like you on these forums.
These users thanked the author Yodelx90 for the post:
Quinton2001